Birth

*time jump to 6 months later since I can't write four chapters that are interesting🤦🏽‍♀️*

At the hospital...
Mark's POV:

My wife is in labor. This is the moment I've been waiting for my whole life. She wants a natural birth, but I can't stop the feeling something is gonna go wrong.

"It's okay." I said as a contraction came.

I know it hurts her and it breaks my heart. But I'm so excited. Were going to meet our baby soon.

"Get some rest Meredith. Your going to need it." I said softly.

"But-" she tried to argue.

"Please, get some sleep Mer." I repeated. She nodded and gave in, quickly closing her eyes and falling asleep.

About an hour and a half later, I woke up to Meredith screaming in pain before I knew it, Meredith was getting rushed to surgery, tears streaming down her face. Dr Ryan and I scrubbed in quickly while Meredith was getting ready and prepped. I sat down by Merediths head while Connie made the first cut. I kept my eyes on Meredith the whole time and stroked her forehead.

"Your okay." I whispered. She nodded, and I could see the fear in her eyes.

The cries of my daughter were one of the best sounds I have ever heard. Connie took her out and handed her over to me in a small little towel.

"Is she okay?" Meredith asked tearfully. "She is perfect. She's just perfect." I said softly as I admired my newborn daughter.

"Let me check her out quickly." Connie said softly.

I reluctantly handed her over the baby and looked at Meredith.

"You did great." I said proudly as I kissed her. She smiled and nodded.

"Do you know what you want to name her?" Connie asked.

"We decided on Ella. Ella Marie Grey-Sloan." I said proudly.

"Beautiful name. Congrats." Connie said before leaving us with Ella.

"Have you told everyone?" Meredith asked.

"I will. Do you want me to text them or tell them to come?" I asked.

"Both. Text Cristina, Lexie, Alex and all of them and call Carolyn and your family and they can come if they want to." She replied.

"Ok. Do you want to hold Ella while I inform everyone?" I asked

"Yes! Come here Ellie bell!" Meredith said grabbing Ella from my arms.

I went out to call everyone who was our close family at the hospital, when I was done I texted 'adopted family gc🤩' and sent out the message,

'My Ella-sauraus born earlier today! She looks like an equal amount of Mer and me! Here is a picture since Ik u all can't live without knowing how she looks🙄.'  And sent a photo.

'Mark stop! She's adorable!' Nancy said.

'Ur annoying🙄 anyway my niece is adorable and looks like an angel!' Lizzie said.

'All I need to say is I'm buying my ticket and leaving in the morning.' Carolyn replied.

'What time are you buying for and what class so I can go with!' Lizzie asked

'Yeah send the chat to the group!' Nancy said

'I am leaving at 6:30 flight 216 economy class so I have lots of money to spend on my newborn grandchild!' Carolyn said. Everyone thanked her and informed me that they will be in Seattle around early-ish noon. I headed back to Mer's room.

"How are some of my favorite people?" I said

"We are both good, hungry, and yet sleepy." Meredith said looking slightly confused.

"Want food?"

"Please."

"Kay before I go everyone should be coming up soon." I said heading down to the cafeteria for my food then to the vending machine for Mer. Once I was done with finding food I headed back up. I was near Meredith's room and could hear lots of voices coming from the room. Before I walked in I thought 'god. It's gonna be packed in there. Please no chaos.'

To be continued...
———————————————————————— before I say anything else I wanted to profusely apologize for just leaving all my readers with no new chapters. I did not expect this to happen and I kept on saying that I would post a new chapter a few minutes later but then days and days passed and yeah. I am gonna post the second part tomorrow! All I gotta say is never procrastinate bcs I have a test tomorrow which I haven't studied for and have to post the next part tomorrow. Love y'all stay safe💋🥲