Nighttime Talks

*time jump*
Meredith's POV:
At the house...

Mark and I have had our ups and downs with our fair share of tears and heartbreaks. The kids are...trouble, like always. No matter what, no matter what life throws at us, we always come out alive.

"Mark?"

"Yes?" I hear Mark groan, take in count that it is around 4 O'clock in the morning and my intrusive thoughts have gotten the best of me.

"I love you. I- never mind."

"Mer, I love your too, and I love and know you so much that I know something is bothering you. I can feel you brain becoming overwhelmed. I also know that if you don't say what you want to say, you won't be able to sleep tonight." Ever since I first turned to Mark during my pregnancy with the twins he's learned to read me like an open book. I love him for that.

"I love you. I'm scared to lose you to Alzheimers, and yes I know it's still early but this disease could get me at any point. And before you interrupt me, I am saying all this because I want you to know how much I love you before I get Alzheimers and forget you and everyone. I need you to not let that hurt you when the time does come, I don't want to be the reason for your pain. I need you to be able to move on when I die, and if I die sooner than what is "ideal" then I need you to make sure the kids will still see you with another mother figure, they need to se you happy." I rant.

"Oh Mer, without you I am nothing. You have made me into the person I am today, into the parent I am for the kids. If you hadn't come along then I would've been someone entirely different. Someone I most likely wouldn't have loved. You have changed me for the better. As for death, if you die then believe that I am close to follow. I can't live without you. And I say that with all confidence because neither of us will die anytime soon, our kids will see me happy, with their mother, their completely and entirely alive mother."

After our little discussion, I was able to go to sleep, comfortably in Mark's arms. I have never, nor ever will be, been afraid to lose Mark in terms of infidelity the only way he can get rid of em is death. After our talk, death doesn't scare me as much as it did before. I know in this world and in any other, Mark would find me and he would steal my heart. Our love will last this world and all others.

______________________________________
I'm back...
I've been gone and I've been many other things. This doesn't mean I am entirely back but this is me getting my inspiration out. Part of me is using this platform to get what I need out or just to create. I don't expect much to come from this, but know I appreciate everything that comes from this.

P.S. always remember you are loved and appreciated. No one knows how big of an impact they have until they see what they caused. Every action has an equal opposite reaction. Be a positive action. If you guys need to rant, I am always here. I've needed someone to talk to at random times, preferably a stranger, so I hope I can become that person for some of you guys.