Ella Marie Grey-Sloan

At the hospital...
Mer's POV:

"3 kids. How many more do you want?" Ma, Mark's mother asked us.

"Jeez I don't know it's a lot already I would have to say I don't wanna plan and see where life takes us." I responded.

"What about you Mark?" Derek asked.

"I agree with Mer planning can be overwhelming and all and it's not really my choice it's Meredith's since she's the one going through those nine months of her body changing and hormone levels going crazy." He said.

"Mommy when are we going home?" Lucas asked.

"I don't know I'm sorry babe. You might go home with Ame to sleep at the house but Ella and I have to stay here."

"Oh and Ma you and the girls can sleep at the house to. You don't have to sleep at a hotel." Mark said.

"Thanks we will probably do that." She responded.

"Are you going home Mark?" Thatcher asked.

"No I think I might pick up clothes but stay here."

"Who all wants to stay here?" I asked everyone.

"Cristina, Alex, and I are staying we have agreed on that since your last month of pregnancy started." Lexie said.

"I guess I'll stay with Mark so he isn't left out." Derek said.

"Thanks man those guys are weirdos!" Mark sarcastically said.

"Ass." I muttered.

"I was joking! I love you." He said kissing my forehead.

"Yeah yeah whatever. I love you too."

*Ella starts crying*

"Here I'll take her." Mark says.

"So Meredith, how did you guys come up with the kids names?" Carolyn asked me.

"Well with the twins before we knew they were twins I thought I was having a boy and I don't know where I got the name, I think it was from a book or movie, but the name Lucas popped in my head and I immediately fell in love. Then with Amelie I was thinking of naming her after someone and Mark and I thought of Amelia-"

"Aww you guys are so sweet!" Amelia said.

"Yeah yeah! But after we thought of Amelia we thought of how confusing it would be to have two people with the same names so then I remembered there is a Broadway show or something called 'Amelié' and then we decided that would be her name and yeah. Finally with Ella I think some people already know where it came from but don't know the story behind it. My mothers name was Ellis and yes we didn't have the best relationship- sorry correction, we didn't have a relationship at all but when I drowned I was down for quite a while and in that time I woke up in this place that looked like the ER and I saw people I knew that died there was Denny, a friends past flame, Dylan, from the bomb in a cavity, a woman from a trauma I ran, a nurse that my mother new, and then my mother. We talked for a little and we got a little closer from that moment and she told me why she was never a real mother to me and I know for a fact we could've had a relationship if she hadn't passed but while I was pregnant with Ella I wanted to remember my mother and I didn't really want to burden Ella by giving her the name Ellis knowing that if she goes into the medical field she will already be burdened by her last name so I changed up her name and gave her the name... Ella." I said.

"Wow."

"If you named a future child after someone here who would it be?" Lexie asked.

"It would be Carolyn for being such a great parental figure to Mark and taking home in, the name would be Caroline or it would be Lexie for being such a great sister and the name would be something around Alexa, Lexi, or Alexia."