Birthday

At the house...
Meredith's POV:

Today is my birthday which isn't a big deal and I hope no one makes a big deal out of it. I'm gonna lay on the low and just be my normal self, that'll work. Right?

"Good morning boys!" I said walking into the kitchen seeing Danny, Nathan, Lucas, and Mark.

"Morning" they all echoed.

"Hey Mer isn't today yo-" Danny started to say.

"Today is a wonderful day! I agree! We should do something fun with the kids or our friends." I cut him off. So much for on the low.

"No he means your bi-" Nathan tried to continue.

"Can I talk to you both for a minute. We will be back in a minute." I said pulling them both forcefully to the foyer.

"I know it's my birthday but why the hell do you think I'm trying to keep you both from saying anything?! If anyone finds out or remembers then it'll go over board and it'll be a big deal. So please stay quiet about it!" I ranted. Both of them nodded and then we all retired back to the kitchen.

We all started to think of what we should do for the day. We all decided to take the kids to the park and then go to fast lanes since the boys were really dedicated to the idea of games then go to Joe's after dropping the kids off at home for their bed time.

—————————————————————

Fast Lanes...
Meredith's POV:

We left the park after a few hours and decided to spend the rest of the day at fast lanes.

"Your gonna lose Sloan!" Nathan swore.

"As if. Ready to lose Nathan? I never lose." Mark said confidently.

Both decided to race on the go carts while Danny and I were watching the kids then we would but the kids in the go carts with us minus Danny because of Ella but then games for the rest of time and pizza for the night before Joe's.

A while later both Danny and I heard "sucker!" Coming from behind us.

"I won!" Mark scream kissing me quickly. I could see Nathan pouting beside him.

"You both are literal children." I said rolling my eyes.

"Daddy won?" Lucas asked.

"Yes he did." Mark said proudly kissing him and Amelie on the forehead.

"Good job daddy!" Ame said.

"Thanks princess." As if on cue Ella clapped.

"Are you happy daddy won El? Yes he did!" I said in a baby voice watching Ella show her toothless smile and coo.

"She's a mommies girl." Nathan said.

"Very much." Danny agreed.

After a long day we drove him and left the twins with the babysitter after we stayed till they fell asleep. We head to Joe's shortly after changing to our usual Joe's clothing and would arrive around 9.

—————————————————————

At Joe's...
Meredith's POV:

"Baby you made it!" Cristina said.

"Cris! Didn't know you'd be here." I said confused as to how coincidently we are here at the same time but then again it's Christina and we are at Joe's.

"Why wouldn't I be here?" She said. Ah I was correct she just came for drinks "it's your birthday!" What?

"H-How did you remember?"

"Your hubby." She said simply. I turned to see mark smiling.

"You remembered." I said in utter amazement.

"How could I forget my crazy, amazing, teasing, beautiful wife's birthday? I wouldn't forget for the world" he said smiling. "We spent around 3 or more years together outside Seattle I remember all our  birthdays together, all our milestones, and all your favorite things." He said. And people thought this man couldn't feel anything when he first came. He really knows me.

"I love and adore you." I said kissing him passionately.

"As I do you." He murmured against my lips. We parted and in that moment I saw all our friends gathered around.

"You always told me you never got a party or get together around your birthday so I did it for you and yes I do know you hate a lot of attention or big things so this is a small gathering of close friends and little to no gifts since you feel bad when that happens." Mark said. I couldn't trust my voice so I mouthed a silent thank you.

We started drink champagne and doing shots while sharing stories and I opened a few gifts which I was thankful for. Some people did toasts.

I felt mark wrap his arms around me and found my hands. He gave a soft hug then grabbed one hand and pulled me to an opening area in Joe's.

"Meredith, you are my soulmate. I am so sad you never got a good childhood but I hope and promise that I will make happy memories to replace those. I will never know how you accepted me when I was the man whore. All I know is I will spend my entire life, to my last breath, loving you."

"Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley stared playing and Mark put his hand out and asked, "May I have this dance?" I simply nodded and our bodies came together as one and we danced for a little then others joined.

Aug 8, 2009

...We had dancing and eating and cake then we called it a night then we all retired to our homes and mark and I decided to have some birthday- you know! Sorry a girl never tells her secrets. I love this man so much.

      -Meredith Grey-Sloan

————————————————————————

Let's just act like I wasn't gone forever k?
Sry.
School starts on the 12 for me😭
Hope everyone enjoyed pls comment and vote❤️