Chapter 20: Old Wounds

"Peter, Aurora thank you both very, very much." Charles thanks. "You take care."

"Hey, I saw your flight plan in the cockpit. Why are you going to Paris?" Peter asks.

"To find an old friend and my fiance." Charles.

"Oh." Peter replies not having excpected such a straight forward answers.

"Well... good luck. I hope you find them." Aurora replies.

"Do me a favor and return it for me." Charles asks tossing Peter and Aurora the keys to the car.

"Okay." Peter and Aurora reply.

"And, Peter? Take it slow." Charles adds getting a chuckle from Peter.

Meanwhile on the plane Erik goes to take the newspaper in front of Logan when Logan uses his claws to hold onto the paper.

"Imagine if they were metal." Erik says making his way over to an empty seat. " Where did they dig you up?"

"You're gonna find this hard to believe... but, uh, you sent me. You and Charles." Logan answers. "From the future."

Erik doesn't reply, he only gives Logan a confused look not because he doesn't belive him, as Erik has come across mutants with all sorts of powers so a mutant with time travel abilities isn't at all suprising. No Erik is confused as to why he and Charles would team up as their ideas of helping mutants couln't be any different. 

During the flight the silent tension is thick inside the plane with Charles staring coldly at Erik. Logan watches them from further down the plane but decides to go back to reading not wanting to get involved in their drama... again. 

"How did you lose them?" Erik asks ending the silence but not the tension. 

"The treatment for my spine affects my DNA." Charles answers. 

"You sacrificed your powers so you could walk?!" Erik inquires shocked to hear a fellow mutant would willing give up their powers.

"I sacrificed my powers so I could sleep..." Charles replies barely able to finish his sentence as with Felicia gone he no longer has the strength to block out everyone's depressing thoughts at night resulting in many sleepless nights. "What do you know about it?" 

"I've lost my fair share." Erik replies somewhat understanding.

"Dry your eyes, Erik." Charles coldly chuckles. "It doesn't justify what you've done."

"You have no idea what I've done." Erik retorts 

"I know you took the things that meant the most to me." Charles retorts.

"Well maybe you should have fought harder for them." Erik replies

"If you want a fight Erik, I will give you a fight!" Charles shouts standing up and so does Erik.

"Sit down!" Logan orders to wanting a fight to break out while they're forty thousand feet in the air. 

"Let him come." Erik replies.

"You abandoned me!" Charles shouts grabbing Erik by the front of his shirt "You took her away and you abandoned me!" 

"Angel." Erik grows angrier as he begins to recites the names of people they knew. "Azazel. Emma. Banshee. Mutant brothers and sisters, all dead!"

Erik's anger causes the jet to almost decompress and it starts to fall affecting the plane's stability.

"Countless others experimented on, butchered!" Erik fumes.