Chapter 6: Divulgence

"You're just an ignorant, immature waste of a human girl and I'm glad at least Moira appreciates my help." Charles' words still ring in Felicia's ears.

Felicia realises how stupid it is to get hung up over such a childish insult, but it still stings. Even more so now that she'll never be able to tell him or Raven or Erik or any of the others who she really is and now...  she has to start her life over again. Something she's become all too familiar with.

Not wanting to be in the facility any longer Felicia quickly stuffs her clothes into a duffle bag and grabs her cherished locket from its protective box and puts it around her neck wanting to keep it close to her person.

Just as she goes to leave suddenly screams from the others can be heard from down the hall Felicia immediately drops duffel bag and sprint as fast as she can down the hall. Felicia bursts through the break room doors to see both windows broken, the furniture smashed and Raven, Hank, Sean and Alex are staring out the window in fear. Felicia walks in the room further to see the courtyard covered in dead bodies and Shaw standing amongst them shoving something down Darwin's throat as Angel stands watching with Azazel and Riptide.

"Darwin" Felicia whispers sadly as Darwin's body can't handle whatever it is that Shaw force-fed him. 

Felicia and the others watch on in horror and despair as there's nothing that can be done to save their friend. Darwin then sadly looks over at Alex before imploding leaving nothing of him behind.

Before Shaw turns to leave he sends what looks to be like an energy blast towards the others. Raven cries out in fear as they all hold each other and brace for impact, but before it hits them Felicia extends her hands out creating a force field around herself and the others protecting them from the blast. The other's turn around and feel relief and a little bit of shock wash over them as they see it's just Felicia.

"HEY!" Felicia yells as she drops the force fields and walk past the others as Shaw and his cronies turn around. "If you think you can break into this facility, kill one of my friends and attempt to kill the rest without suffering any consequences. You've got another thing coming."

"How...sad." Shaw cackles. "A, pathetic little human trying to stand up for its friends. Too bad you're only going to end up like him."

"That's where you're wrong, Shaw," Felicia says stepping out into the courtyard. "I'm not a human."

Felicia takes a deep breath closing her eyes as she summons all the energy she can garner and opens her eyes which now glow brightly as she uses her powers to attack Shaw's mind.

"You feel that Shaw?!" Felicia yells feeling all her anger rise as Shaw falls to the ground groaning in pain clutching his head. "What you're currently feeling is the pain of a hundred brain haemorrhages."

Shaw's cronies try to run at Felicia but she quickly raise her hand causing them to feel the same as Shaw. But as she does, Felicia starts to feel a strain on her powers the longer she attack their minds the weaker she starts to feel and very quickly she crumble to the ground as she loses consciousness.

Not long after, Felicia wakes up in Raven's arms as Hank seems to be running some sort of test on her and she quickly sits up startling everyone.

"Woah, Woah, Woah, take it easy. This is the second time you've passed out today, that can't be good." Hank says trying to calm her down.

"Oh, thank God, you're okay." Raven breathes a sigh of relief

"W-where's Shaw?" Felicia asks 

"He's gone," Alex says with anger dripping from his tone.

"Come on," Felicia says standing up "Let's go. It's not safe to be here anymore." 

"Can we at least wait for Charles?" Raven quivers.

"Of course." Felicia smiles wrapping her arm around Raven easing her fear.

The group of five all sit outside the front of the facility watching the sunrise, until a car pulls up and Charles, Erik and Moira exit the vehicle hastily.

"Raven!" Charles calls as he runs over and embraces Raven.

Felicia pulls her knees up to her chest and buries her face in her knees as she try to ignore how much it pains her to hear Charles' voice.

"I've made arrangements for you all to be taken home immediately," Charles says.

"We're not going home," Sean says. "He's not going back to prison," Sean says looking to Alex

"He killed Darwin!" Alex says angrily.

"All the more reason for you to leave," Charles says turning to Alex. "This is over."

"Darwin's Dead, Charles. And we can't even bury him." Raven says her eyes become watery.

"Oh, Raven," Felicia says standing up and pulling her into a hug.

When she lets go of Raven she looks over and see Charles staring at her and his thoughts suddenly ringing loudly in her head.

'Oh, thank God, she's still here.'

Felicia's heart melts at his statement as she gazes at the happy blue eyes staring back at her.

"We can avenge him," Erik speaks up.

"As well as the other lives Shaw took from us," Felicia adds agreeing with Erik.

"Erik, there just kids," Charles says.

"Were kids," Felicia adds folding her arms. "Shaw has his army, we need ours."

"Even if we were to make our own army, you can't be in it, Felicia," Charles says.

"And why is that," Felicia asks hurt by Charles' statement.

"Because you're not with the CIA anymore and it's too dangerous for you to go up against mutants."

"Charles is right," Moira says sternly. "You shouldn't even be here, I told you to leave."

"If she didn't stay we'd all be dead," Hank speaks up.

"She saved our lives," Raven adds.

"You protected them, against Shaw?" Erik inquires in disbelief.

"How... how could you have possibly gone up against Shaw, you're just a human," Charles asks.

Felicia glares at Charles as the memories of the previous night come to fruition.

Felicia then takes a deep breath and her eyes glow once more as she makes Charles levitate into the air. As she keep him suspended upside down in the air, Felicia stares into his scared blue eyes and her anger quickly turns to guilt. Felicia turns Charles the right side up and bring him back down to the ground and her eyes return to normal.

"It's time you all knew the truth," Felicia says before removing her auburn brown wig revealing her naturally long blood-red hair.

"Feliciania!?" Erik exclaims as he walks over to the girl.

Felicia and Erik both roll up their sleeves showing the numbers tattooed on their arms Erik's number reading 214782 and Felicia's, reading 214783.

"Hello, brother," Felicia greets Erik solemnly as they roll their sleeves back down.

"Brother!?" Charles questions as the others stare in shock.

"Not by blood but by our mutant DNA," Erik explains.

"And by the trauma we share," Felicia adds. "I am really sorry that I haven't completely honest with all of you." Felicia says remorsefully "If you let me, I'll explain everything and answer any questions you have."

"Of course. Please take your time." Raven answers with a sympathetic smile.

"Ok," Felicia says taking a deep breath.

"My real name is Feliciania Delacour. And I too am a mutant."