Chapter 11: Wine and...

Charles and Felicia share an awkward look as they stand with others around the television as President Kennedy makes his address.

"It shall be the policy of this nation to regard any nuclear missile crossing the embargo line that surrounds Cuba as an attack by the soviet union on the United States." President Kennedy announces. "Requiring a full retaliatory response-"

"That's where we're gonna find Shaw." Eric says pointing at the TV.

"How do you know?" Alex asks. 

"Two superpowers facing off, and he wants to start world war three." Charles explains. "He won't leave anything to chance." 

"He wants a front row seat to the end of humanity and the beginning of Mutant kind." Felicia adds. 

 "So much for diplomacy." Eric says sarcastically. "I suggest you all get a good night sleep." Eric adds before walking away.

~

After the President's address and dinner Felicia heads upstairs and sneaks into Charles's room and begin setting it up to surprise him. She spend the next hour or so tidying up a bit and lighting a few candles as to not over do it while Charles plays his nightly chess game with Eric. 

'When you've finished with Eric meet me in your room.' She tells Charles using her telepathy. 'Oh and bring up a bottle of wine.'

'As you wish, Love.' Charles replies using his telepathy.

Felicia heads back over to her room to get changed into something a little more "risquéas butterflies fill her stomach but those butterflies quickly disappear when Felicia finds Raven sitting on the end of her bed. Raven looks up at her and she changes into her natural form revealing her tear stained cheeks and glossy eyes. 

"Oh my God, Raven are you okay?" Felicia asks as she quickly sits down next to her. 

Felicia puts her arm around Raven to comfort her and she quickly wraps her arms around Felicia pulling her into a hug. 

"Hank made a serum that'll make us appear normal. That'll make us attractive." Raven says shakily. "Am I really that ugly?"

"Heavens no." Felicia replies before lifting her chin up so she can look her directly in the eyes. "Raven you are the furthest thing from ugly. I can't imagine how much you must be hurting but just know that all us mutants hurt we might not all physically look different but we've all had those days where we feel cursed but we're not we're blessed with amazing gifts."

"Easy for you to say your mutation is invisible." Raven retorts.

"I know. But we all have our own struggles." Felicia replies. "Yours is your appearance and mine..." Felicia pauses grabbing a hold of her locket as she recalls the past. "...mine was constantly hearing everyone's thoughts. But I learned to control it just like you can overcome your issue. It'll take time of course but you dont have to go through it alone... We'll always be here for you, Raven."   

~

After Charles' nightly chess game with Eric finished he quickly makes his way into the kitchen in search for a bottle of wine.

"You know sometimes I wonder what my life would have been like if you hadn't found me here that night?" Raven speaks up.

"Sorry, what? You...aahh!" Charles exclaims as he looks up at Raven who's naked and in her natural blue form. "For God's sake, Raven! Where are your clothes? P-Put... put some clothes on."

"That's not what you said when you first saw me. But I guess pets are always cuter when they're little, right?" Raven replies as she sits at the table.

"Raven, I don't know what's gotten into you lately. I thought you'd be in a good mood." Charles' replies as he sits across from her. "Hank, tells me that he's found the answer to your cosmetic problem." 

Charles sits and stares at Raven waiting for a reply but she just stares back at him. 

"Are you gonna tell me what's the matter, or do I have read your mind?" Charles asks impatiently.

"You promised me you'd never do that." Raven mutters.

"Until recently, I never had to use my power to know what you were thinking, Raven." Charles replies.

"You know Charles, I used to think it was gonna be you and me against the world." Raven sneers. "But no matter how bad the world gets, you don't want to be against it, do you? You wanna be a part of it."

Raven stands up in a fit of rage and storms out of the kitchen God knows where.

After a moment spent recollecting his thoughts Charles makes his way upstairs to his bedroom to find a few lit candles around the room and Felicia sitting on his bed in a nice yellow dress looking rather down.

"Felicia?" Charles questions as he put the wine and glasses down on his dresser. "Are you alright?" 

"Hmm?" Felicia quickly looks up like she'd just been in a daze. "Yeah, it's just Raven, she... She was in my room before visibly upset about Hank-"

"Hank?" Charles questions. "I thought she'd be happy, now that there's a solution to her... cosmetic problem."

"Oh, Charles." Felicia chuckles as she stands up and caresses his cheeks. "For a man who always knows what everyone is thinking you are so oblivious. Raven thinks that Hank made her that serum because she's ugly. I tried to tell she's beautiful just the way she is but I don't know if she believed me. I'm worried about her." 

"So am I." Charles replies. 

As Felicia stares at Charles mesmerised by his eyes he trails his hand down her hip. 

"Enough about Raven, What I want to know is why such a beautiful woman wanted to meet in my room?" Charles flirts.

"You a telepath you tell me." Felicia purrs into his ear. 

Charles places his fingers on his head and begin sifting through all the thoughts swirling around in Felicia's mind most of which are very... very... dirty.

Charles trails his free hand down Felicia's back sending chills up her spine, unzipping her dress along the way which quickly drops to the floor. Charles wraps his arm around her waist pulling her up close against his chest. His hand gently glides through her hair, as a small but teasing smile creeps upon her face. Felicia leans in a little closer, so their foreheads touch, her lips quickly peck his, in a hot, fiery, passionate and demanding way making him crave her lips even more. Having had enough teasing Charles hungrily kisses Felicia back, making her feel like she's walking on air. It's like magic, the way his lips connect with her. His mouth so warm, the caress of his lips softer than she could have ever imagined and she opens her mouth with a low moan.

"Charles." Felicia moans uncontrollably. 

Felicia's cheeks redden in embarrassment as Charles just smirks at her. 

Before she knows it Charles grabs her by the legs and flips her onto the bed sending her into a fit of giggles. Charles leans down and quickly pulls Felicia into another kiss as she begins to unbutton his shirt...