Chapter 2: Groovy Mutations

Just like any other night Charles and his childhood friend Raven spend it at a local bar having a drink and talking about anything and everything until Charles would notice a pretty girl walk in. Charles then would use his mutation to flirt with said pretty girl and if lucky, he'd take that flirting back to her place.

But tonight was different as he'd just completed a thesis on genetic mutation and decided to celebrate by going out drinking with Raven. After chugging a very long and awkward glass of beer, he goes to get himself and Raven another drink and talk with Amy, a blonde woman with Heterochromia he met the previous night. But before he makes it over to the bar he's stopped by two beautiful women with auburn hair, one with beautiful brown eyes and the other with silver, diamond-like eyes, an eye colour he's never seen before.

'Fascinating.' He thinks to himself as he marvels at the woman's eyes.

"Congratulations Professor." The beautiful women greet.

"Thank you very much, it's much harder than it looks actually." Charles thanks as he looks down at the weird glass in his hand.

"No, we mean on your presentation." The woman with brown eyes clarifies.

"Though it is rather impressive you managed to drink out of such an awkward glass without spilling any of it." The woman with silver eyes chuckles.

"Oh, you were at my presentation. How nice of you both. Thank you very much." Charles thanks as he runs his hand down the girl's arm which oddly sends a chill up his spine.

"Moira MacTaggert. And this is Felicia Hardy." the woman with brown eyes says introducing herself and the girl with silver eyes.

"Charles Xavier." Charles introduces as he shakes their hands.

"Do you have a minute?" Moira asks.

"For two pretty little beans with the mutated MCR-1 gene, I have five," Charles flirts whilst sliding Felicia's hair between his fingers. "I say MCR-1 you would say auburn hair. It's a mutation." He flirts some more as he guides the women over to a table. "A very groovy mutation. Mutation right took us from single-celled organisms to the dominant form of-"

"You know what this routine may go over great with the coeds, but we're here on business," Moira interrupts.

"What?" Charles questions.

"We really need your help," Felicia adds.

"All right," Charles mumbles feeling a little surprised.

"The kind of mutations that you were talking about in your thesis. We need to know if they may have already happened. In people alive today." Moira asks.

Charles casually places his fingers on his head and begins using his mutation to sort through Moira's memories. Being a little drunk he finds it a bit difficult to see properly he's able to see that Moira has just recently seen two mutants, one red mutant that can teleport and another that can shift into a form where she's made of diamonds.

Charles then tries looking through Felicia's mind for more information but can't see anything. Charles just shrugs it off as the alcohol before Felicia's sweet voice brings him back to reality.

"Professor?" Felicia questions worried that something might be wrong with Charles.

"I think we should just talk when you're sober. Do you have any time tomorrow?" Moira asks feeling fed up.

"Something tells me you already know the answer to your question," Charles replies. "This is very important to me, and if I can help you I will do my utmost."