Chapter 8: X Mansion

"Which didn't last too long as a few years after that I was recruited by the CIA and I met Moira," Felicia says finishing her explanation.

Felicia looks over at Charles and Erik who stare at her pain present in their eyes.

"Why?" Charles asks.

"Why? Why what?" Felicia asks.

"Even after you met us all, why still hide?" Charles asks as Felicia begins to panic.

"I tried to last night but you wouldn't listen to me," Felicia defends

"I mean before that. We revealed our powers to you days ago why not tell us then."

"Because I was scared, Charles. If the CIA had found out what I am...they'd... They'd have locked me away and do God knows what to me." Felicia explains before letting out a sigh. "It wasn't until last night when we all had trashed the place and partied, that I felt happy for the first time since I was eight. I felt like I had a family again."

"You think of us as, family?" Raven asks getting teary-eyed.

Felicia nods in response before Raven pulls her into a hug happy to have made a friend who considers her family.

They stay in an embrace for what feels like hours before Charles clears his throat signalling he has something to say.

"We'll have to train," Charles says after Raven and Felicia let go. "All of us."

"Train?" Raven and Felicia ask.

"If we're going to go up against Shaw and his mutant army, we're all going to have to train. Yes?" Charles explains.

"Yeah," Alex responds as the rest nod.

"Well, we can't stay here," Hank speaks up. "Even if they reopen the department, it's not safe. We've got nowhere to go."

"Yes, we do," Charles replies before walking over to the car.

"Are you going to tell us or are we going to blindly follow you to where ever it is we're going to stay?" Felicia ask sarcastically.

"Come, on everyone get in," Charles says gesturing to the car.

"I'll go get my car," Felicia says pulling the keys out of her pocket.

"Why?" Charles asks.

"Because we're not all gonna fit in the one car, professor dumb-ass." Felicia teases before walking off to her car.

After a very long and tiring drive, they arrive at a mansion very similar looking to the one Felicia used to live in as a child.

"This is your's?" Sean asks as we all stand outside and marvel at the house.

"No, it's ours." Charles smiles.

"Honestly, Charles, I don't know how you survived, living in such hardship." Erik teases.

"Well, it was a hardship softened by me," Raven says walk forward between Felicia and Charles, giving him a side hug to which Charles pecks her forehead. "Come on, Time for the tour."

Raven and Charles show everyone around their house, from the many bathrooms to the large kitchen to the doomsday bunker, the tour finally finishing with each of them picking bedrooms. Felicia opts for the room that overlooks the garden just like the room in her old home did.

While everyone settles in their new rooms Felicia makes her way down to the kitchen to cook everyone dinner. She scalvanges thought the fridge and pantry only to find stale and moldy food.

"You'd think a house this well kept would have fresh food." Felicia mutters.

Felicia quickly writes a note and leave it on the table telling whoever it may concern she's gone out and will be back soon before grabbing her car keys and heading out to the shops.

After getting a weeks worth of food Felicia returns back to the mansion and puts on an apron she found left in the cupboard and ties her hair up in a messy bun before she begins cooking dinner for everyone.

As she stirs the pot of tomatoes, onions and spices she begins to hum to the tune of her favourite song, 'Can't Help Falling In Love With You' by Elvis Presley. Felicia finishes off the dish by cracking the eggs into the pan but stops humming when a pair of arms wrap around her torso followed by whispers in her ears.

"Something smells nice." Charles whispers in her ear.

"Jesus fucking Christ!" Felicia shrieks. "Don't scare me like that."

Felicia turns around with Charles' hands till on either side of her, her face goes pink as she moves a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Whatcha got cookin'." Charles asks his voice dripping with flirtation.

"Shakshuka." Felicia answers her face now going red as a tomato.

"Shakshuka?" Charles questions.

"Shakshuka." Felicia smiles trying her best to ignore the thumps and bumps in her chest. "It's a dish my mother used to make."

"Well it smells delicious." Charles replies.

Felicia unaware of her movements, leans closer to Charles as he leans closer to her but their moment is quickly interrupted by everyone starting to make their way into the kitchen.

"Mmm something smells good." Sean comments as Charles and Felicia quickly move away from each other.

"Yeah, I've made dinner for everyone." Felicia smiles as she takes the sourdough out of the oven hoping the heat from the oven will cover up her red cheeks.

"Shakshuka?" Erik questions as he sits down at the table.

"Mmhmm." Felicia nods as she serves everyone.

"I can't remember the last time I had a proper Jewish meal." Erik says cracking a small smile.

"Nineteen-Fifty Four." Felicia answers. "It was last meal we had before I... ran away."

As they all eat dinner and chat amongst themselves before they all retire to their bedrooms for a good nights rest as they start training the very next day.