CH 33. Canalave City

~Canalave City Library~

     At the top floor of the Canalave City Library, the group of four sat down recapping their recent encounters with Team Xûl. They occupied the corner of the room to avoid any prying listeners. While Isaiah and Alisha were busy in the GTS, Pearl and Platinum had to get rid of Scarlet and her lackeys in the Canalave Harbor.

"Hmmm," Pearl began. "That Vraxx guy had the ability to mega evolve his Pokémon too?"

Isaiah nodded, "Mega Aggron."

"Really? Hmm, Scarlet used a mega Steelix in the harbor. It took Pearl's mega Medicham and my mega Lopunny just to knock it out," Platinum said.

Alisha sighed, "you think there's a correlation between the two Megas?"

Pearl shook his head, "I dunno...obviously Steelix and Aggron share a typing but that's it."

Isaiah rubbed his face, "if it wasn't for the number one ranked trainer and the police, we would've had to takedown Vraxx by ourselves."

"The number one ranked trainer was there?" Platinum piped up.

"Yeah, as soon as Aggron had mega evolved. He swooped in with his mega Blaziken," Alisha shrugged her shoulders.

Pearl's eyes widened, "Brent Griffin can use mega evolution?!"

"Yeah, you sound like you know him," Isaiah added.

"I ran into him once or twice, but I never thought he had access to mega evolution," Pearl folded his arms.

"Sounds like you two have some serious competition," Platinum mumbled.

"Yeah, and not just in the Sinnoh League. Team Xûl is becoming more of a threat with mega evolution on their side," Pearl added.

Alisha scoffed and shook her head.

Isaiah's right foot began to tap on the floor rapidly as he thought about the huge gap in strength between him and the number one trainer. Just when he thought he was getting strong enough to fight Team Xûl head-on, once again he was still too weak.

Isaiah sat up in his seat, "well let's even the playing field."

"What do you mean?" Platinum asked.

He looked over at Alisha and she knew immediately what Isaiah was hinting at.

"Mega evolution..." Alisha said.

Pearl coughed, "that would be great but it's not that simple—"

Isaiah and Alisha then held out their mega stones in the palm of their hands simultaneously. Pearl and Platinum stared at the mega stones.

"Woah," Platinum murmured.

"Since when did you two have mega stones?!" Platinum immediately covered Pearl's loud mouth after his outburst.