Ch 39. The Foreseeable Future

~Lake Acuity~

~Lake Acuity~

     Alisha and Togekiss flew above the lake to see if her newly evolved Pokémon could spot anything. The icy wind chilled her skin as they soared through the cold breeze. After cruising the skies and finding nothing out of the ordinary, they landed next to Isaiah, who had his hands on his hips in disappointment.

 After cruising the skies and finding nothing out of the ordinary, they landed next to Isaiah, who had his hands on his hips in disappointment

'Togekiss(Fairy and Flying Type), the Jubilee pokémon, the evolved form of Togetic, and final evolved form of Togepi. Known as a bringer of blessings, it's been depicted on good-luck charms since ancient times.

"Hm, I guess he didn't leave a trace when he was here," Isaiah mumbled.

Togekiss cooed and nudged against Alisha's hand. She stroked the avian's feathers in response to her Pokémon wanting affection. Alisha was given a shiny stone after training with Platinum in front of Snowpoint Temple. Platinum acknowledged her skills as a trainer and insisted she take the stone needed to evolve Togetic. The added strength to her team paid off immediately, aiding her in securing the icicle badge from Candice.

Togekiss learned Aura Sphere when it evolved, one of the few fighting type special-attacking moves. It provides great coverage for a flying type's weakness, dealing super effective damage to ice types. Its secondary effect never misses, making Candice's snow cloak ability useless.

Scrafty matched into Froslass really well. Its great natural bulk is could tank Blizzard and resist Shadow Ball, while dishing out super-effective damage with another unavoidable move in Faint Attack.

Mawile managed to take out her Weavile after landing a Play Rough and a critical Iron head. Alisha overpowered Mamoswine with powerful water-type attacks from Auzumarill, while Typlosion secured the win from a Fire Blast critical hit, to defeat Abomasnow in one hit. Her clean sweep of a victory made Candice select her as the battle of the week.

"He was just standing here? The entire time?" Alisha asked.

Isaiah folded his arms, "maybe...I have my suspicions about that guy."

"Brent's the one that persuaded you into challenging Candice, right?"

"Mhm. He also watched me battle Candice but left halfway through. On top of that, Brent probably lied about the top eight trainers all having mega evolution." He scratched his head as Ming ran free with thoughts.