Ch 3. Midnight Raid

~S

~S.S Unova Royal~

     Isaiah could tell Pearl was a really strong trainer. Even if he seemed hasty and a bit of a goof, Pearl could probably hang with the best of them in a real battle. Well since he has so many pokemon and is returning to Sinnoh from Unova; he must have all 8 Sinnoh badges. Isaiah could get some tips from Barry.

"How many badges do you have Isaiah?" Pearl finished sorting out his bag and started to organize it.

"I-I don't have any. I'm starting my journey in Sinnoh," Isaiah replied. Pearl looked at Isaiah and nodded.

"That's good, this is the probably the safest time to journey through the region," Pearl responded.

"Wait, what do you mean by safest?"

"You don't know what happened in Sinnoh a few years ago?" Pearl sat his bag to the side and turned to face Isaiah.

"No, I was in Unova," Isaiah replied hesitantly. He tried not to think about the events that took place in Unova. Team Plasma, then returned as Team Neo Plasma, two years after their first failed attempt.

"Hm, I guess it wasn't televised to other regions... No matter, but there's something I want to ask you." Pearl reached inside his coat pulling out a single pokéball and stared at it.

"Ookay," Isaiah responded.

"Do you know about Sinnoh's legendary creation trio?"

Isaiah recalled a few things Alder mentioned to him about legendary pokémon and their myths. He didn't say much about Sinnoh, it happened to be brief.

"Mmm, not that much. There's Dialga, who controls time. Palkia, the ruler of space. Then uh... Another legendary I believe was banished, because of it's violent ways. I can never remember the name, but it was always the most interesting one out of the three." Isaiah thought to himself, but couldn't remember any more details.

"Seems like you have a general idea. Ever heard of Team Galactic?" Pearl continued to eye down Isaiah.

"Team Galactic? No, never." Isaiah had a feeling this Team Galactic was probably similar to that of Team Plasma. The horrible things they did to people and pokémon were unforgivable. A flash of an encounter with one Plasma grunt played through Isaiah's mind. That was the day Aipom won its first battle and showed true potential.

*2 years ago*

The two were playing just outside of Floccesy Ranch, there was an area called a hidden grotto where he would eat the berries he gathered up Aipom.

A man stumbled inside the hidden grotto drenched in sweat. Isaiah as scared as he was, didn't say a word until spoken to. His black backward flat cap had a white 'X' in the center. He wore a sweater vest; the sweater being gray, and the vest a jet black color. A familiar cyan blue 'P' was stitched on the upper left side of the sweater. Isaiah made no sudden movements, it was only a matter of time before they locked eyes with each other.