Epilogue

~3 Weeks Later~

~3 Weeks Later~

The train came to a screeching yet smooth halt. Once the doors opened, tourists and eager trainers alike rushed out onto the platform of Lumiose station. The last person to leave the train cart was an athletic slim-build red haired teenage boy. After stepping off the train, a little preschooler ran into his knee.

"S-Sorry mister," the little girl apologized in fear.

"Jessica, I told you not to run off in public places, it's not safe," an older woman who resembled the girl scolded. She looked at the boy after picking up the little girl.

"My apologies young man, I hope she didn't cause you any trouble," she said.

He put a hand up, "no trouble at all ma'am but I need help locating a place here in Lumiose City."

"I grew up here so I know this city in and out. Where are you trying to go?" The woman replied.

The boy brought out his phone, "here, Professor Sycamore's lab."

The lady lit up with glee, "oh the handsome professor, yes I know where his lab is. Head down to South Boulevard, go to the right of Route 4 Gate, and look for the only building with pokéball statues. You can't miss it."

The boy put his phone back in his pocket, "thank you, ma'am."

She smiled, "a young man with manners, you don't see too much of that anymore. You're welcome, young man."

The boy followed her directions carefully as he strolled down the sidewalk of the dazzling Lumiose City. Furfrou stood elegantly alongside their fancy-looking trainers. Skiddo and Gogoat carried kids on their backs, while cabs sped down the streets. He crossed the road as soon as he was near the tan building with an evergreen trim and pokéball statues, Professor Sycamore's lab.

He knocked on the door and the well-kept fair skinned man answered.

"Ah come in, I've been expecting you uhh—"

"Joshua, but I go by Josh," the boy answered.

"Yes, Joshua that's it," the professor snapped his fingers. "I was starting to worry you've gotten lost in the city."

Josh shook his head, "I was just taking in the scenery...Kalos is very different from where I'm from."

Professor Sycamore lead the boy to the back of the lab where Pokémon played and fought amongst themselves.

"Yes, you're the trainer from Sinnoh, right?" Sycamore asked not sure if he was correct.

Josh nodded, "correct, Sunnyshore City to be exact."

Professor Sycamore picked up one of the three pokédex from his desk. He clapped his hands and the three Pokémon stopped their playing.

"Okay you three, today's the day," he spoke to the pokémon. Sycamore then turned to face Josh, "since you're the only one here, you get to choose first."