Ch 30. Waves of Crasher Wake!

~Pastoria City~

~Pastoria City~

     Isaiah and Alisha paid a much needed visit to the Pokémon Center. They couldn't avoid the lurking eyes of the trainers on route 212 on their way back from Mr. Backlot's mansion. The lobby was filled with sulking trainers.

"Why everyone has a long face?" Alisha asked nurse Joy.

Nurse Joy shook her head, "they all lost their gym challenge to Crasher Wake. Some of them lost more than once."

Alisha gave Isaiah a worried expression, "you think he's that strong?"

"Of course I do, it's THE Crasher Wake," he replied.

"Wake has been keeping trainers from progressing in Sinnoh for years before the new format was adopted. Oh, I have more trainers. Good luck to the both of you," Nurse Joy said.

Isaiah moved Alisha aside so Joy could help the other trainers.

"You having second thoughts?" Isaiah gently touched her elbow and it warmed her.

"Maybe a few, but I should be fine. I know you'll do great."

Isaiah retracted his touch, "yeah Serperior is going to come through big. I wish I could've gotten in touch with Pearl—"

It was as if Pearl had heard Isaiah when he strolled into the Pokémon Center with Platinum by his side. He surveyed the building until he saw them hanging out over near the PC boxes.

"Pearl? I thought you were still investigating the Oreburgh mines," Isaiah said while fist bumping him.

"Platinum made plans to train Alisha, so I tagged along hoping to catch your battle with Wake. Wait, you haven't challenged him yet have you?"

Isaiah gave Alisha a side eye, wondering why she didn't tell him she asked Platinum for help.

"Not yet, I was going to the gym soon actually."

Platinum waved at him with a wide smile, "I see you're still moving up in the ranks Isaiah. 11? Pft, you've got to be at least top ten now."

Isaiah laughed nervously, "thanks for the kind words. I guess the competition must be tough up there."

"Sorry I didn't tell you sooner," Alisha blurted. "I didn't want to hold you back from your gym challenge, so I reached out to Platinum."

"Don't worry Isaiah, she's in good hands," Platinum teased as she put a hand on Alisha's shoulder.

"We'll leave you girls to it then," Pearl threw his arm around Isaiah's shoulder, pulling him away from the PC. He fought to look over his shoulder, locking eyes with Alisha one more time before leaving the building.

~~~~~

After going through an onslaught of mono water-type trainers, Isaiah was finally on his way to the gym leader. From a distance, he could see a trainer calling back her fainted Pokémon. He assumed she was defeated because Wake didn't hand her a badge before she walked away.