Ch 19. Fabulous Fantina

~Hearthome City~

~Hearthome City~

     Isaiah slept with his face buried into the pillow, drool trickling from between his lips. He stayed out late helping Alisha train up her Pokémon. Scraggy had learned a couple of new moves that will assist in her battle against Fantina in the process. His Pokémon needed the training as well. Pawniard had the most of the training with Scraggy. He knew he was going lean on Pawniard a lot in his gym challenge.

'Buzzt, buzzt.' The phone's vibration rattled his jaw from beneath the pillow. He groaned, only turning his head to the opposite side. 'Buzzt, buzzt.' His eyes popped open, still heavy from his deep slumber. Isaiah mindlessly reached for his Xtranceiver with the notion of just pressing ignore.

He looked at the unknown number that was calling. His finger hovered over the end call button, but he didn't push it. Isaiah answered but before he could speak, the caller began yelling.

"Isaiah?! Isaiah is this you?!"

Isaiah recognized that energy and voice anywhere, "Pearl?"

"Oh good, it is you!" He yelled into the phone.

"How did you get my number?" He asked while sitting up.

"I ran into Alisha a few minutes ago. Anyway, what are you doing?" He asked hastily with a big smile on his face.

"Well, I was still sleeping—"

"Come to the Super Contest Hall, there are some people I want you to meet," Pearl said. Isaiah heard a feminine voice in the background chime in, "what did he say?" She asked.

"Uh, sure I'll be there," Isaiah replied.

"Don't take too long or I'll fine you for 10,000,000!" Pearl ended the call with his famous words.

Isaiah arrived at the Super Contest Hall in a timely manner to make up for his time sleeping in. He learned to ignore Pearl's spouts about money and just go along with whatever. Once inside the enormous building, he scooped out the place for Pearl.

"Isaiah, over here" Pearl's voice called out from across the lobby. The Contest Hall was lavishly decorated with portraits of Pokémon and past Grand Festival winners. Well dressed trainers were conversing all over, sounding like a school cafeteria. The receptionist waited behind the counters assisting anyone who approached.

He made his way over to the far right side of the hall, where Pearl stood around with two others equal to his height. He recognized the girl he was with. She was one of the many trainers with her picture in the hall as a past Grand Festival winner. The other person, a boy with a red hat also looked familiar to him. He couldn't put his finger on it.

"Here he is and right on time too," Pearl said.

Isaiah forced an awkward smile as he avoided eye contact from the others. Pearl faced his friends, "this is the trainer I told you about, Isaiah" he introduced. He put his hand on Isaiah's shoulder, "Isaiah, meet my best friends Diamond and Platinum."