Ch 42. Show Up and Show Out

PBLSA-Sinnoh League-Top 16

"Gooood afternoon battle enthusiasts! It only gets better from here, as we have the remaining 16 trainers from yesterday's ceremony! Everyone had a very strong outing so there is no clear winner as of yet but, there are fan favorites! Let's see who the people are rooting for, from the voting polls!" The hostess pointed behind her in excitement.

Everyone turned their attention to the big screen in the arena. Each trainer had a percentage of fans who voted for them to win the tournament. No shocker to anyone that Brent has 50% of the viewers riding his hype train as they had all year. Isaiah's big secret did him no favors as his 15% of votes showed in the polls. Alisha had received 12% from her supporters, Jack reeled in 13%, as Garrett totaled out with 10%.

The top five ranked trainers received the bulk of the voters' attention, but some trainers outside of the top ten had a small following behind them as well.

"Keep in mind trainers, no matter how many votes you receive your strength will determine the real outcome. Now, judges can we get a bracket update?" The hostess pointed to the big screen once again.

Brent was the first battle of the day versus a former Pokémon Coordinator, Roxanne Larson(16th). Alisha's battle was slotted as the third matchup against the Pokémon Ranger, Kevin Lopez(13th). Following her battle would be Jack taking on the water-type specialist, Terrance Fishburn(12th). After a short intermission, Isaiah would kick off the second half of the bracket, his opponent Tiffany Rod(15th), best known for her use of grass types. Finally, the last battle of the morning is Garrett, as he is set to face off against the fiery Hoenn trainer, Jesse Moss(11th).

Cynthia stepped forward to announce the rules of the next round of battles, "two Pokémon are allowed but there is a little twist. If one Pokémon on either side faints first, the battle is over the winner is declared. Make your switches wisely trainers, good luck to you all."

Every participating trainer in the open arena trainer began chatting and rambling about the shake-up for the upcoming battles.

"The 'sweet 16' starts right now! The first battle of the day is coming at you fast!" The hostess held out the microphone and the crowd did their part.

Isaiah and the others made their way back to the locker rooms. It felt less crowded than yesterday but Isaiah had something on his mind. During his last battle, David Rose seemed like he was trying to sympathize with him.

*Opening Ceremony*

"I admire your strength, to get as far as you have. My uncle is pretty famous in my home region. A business chairman that has his hands in almost everything but...I-I failed in representing our family name after he endorsed me."

"Endorsement? I don't know what that has to do with our battle," Isaiah said. His Bisharp now pummeling David's Skunktank.