Ch 11. The Roark Rumble

~Oreburgh City Gym~The next day

~Oreburgh City Gym~
The next day...

     Isaiah hardly got any sleep at the Inn. He had never heard of the name Team Xul. Isaiah searched all over the web, even asked some of the locals around Oreburgh City. No one knew of them or about them. He remembered the way they dressed, so he can definitely spot them next time they cross paths.

That woman, Scarlet, had a certain type of demeanor he couldn't put his finger on. She was different from the guys he battled. He could tell Scarlet was hiding something greater than just a regular Pokémon battle. He only saw one pokéball in her hand and she wouldn't be foolish enough to throw out Vullaby again.

Only her eyes were visible, so he doesn't know what she looked like or who she could really be. She might be walking amongst them all, planning anything. Isaiah didn't feel right at all about what happened yesterday.

He wanted to tell someone, anyone but no one could be helpful right now. There wasn't any concrete evidence of their appearance in Oreburgh City. Isaiah was torn on what was the right thing to do. He decided to keep it to himself, for now.

Isaiah didn't want to dwell on yesterday's battle with Team Xul. He knew he had to give all his focus to the gym battle with Roark.

The PLSA officials had their clipboards in their hands. One of them stood behind Isaiah and gave him more than enough space to move about. There was another official behind the gym leader, Roark, and the final official stood on the side of the battlefield.

Roark kept a calm and relaxed demeanor. He didn't look bothered at all having agreed to battle the first challenger of the morning. Isaiah could feel the nerves starting to sink in.

He took his hands out his pockets and shook them. Isaiah deeply inhaled and exhaled, setting his mind at ease.

"Nervous?" Roark asked from across the battlefield.

"Excited," Isaiah responded. He unhooked the pokéball of the Pokémon he wanted to lead with. The PLSA official in the middle stepped forward with both arms in the air.

"This battle will be a three on three. Roark, Oreburgh's gym leader, versus Isaiah Wright, Jubilife City challenger. Let the battle the begin!" The slim figured man threw his arms down and jumped back out of the battle area way.

"You're up, Rockruff!" Roark tossed his pokéball out into the arena where a spunky, overly excited Rockruff bounced into battle. The Rockruff growled and pounced, twirling in a quick circle.

 The Rockruff growled and pounced, twirling in a quick circle