Chapter 13 - Thor's Sob Life

Megan and Natasha were sharing an umbrella, she had insisted that she couldn't let her wife go alone to see Clint. She needed to be with Natasha constantly, maybe it was her fear that she would lose her as well and now that they were here for each other, Megan needed to be constantly with her. Clint looked back after having just assassinated his most recent target, "You shouldn't be here." Megan sighed, "Neither should you." Clint narrowed his eyes at her and then looked over at Natasha, "I've got a job to do."

Natasha scoffed, "Is that what you're calling this? Killing all these people isn't gonna bring your family back." Clint paused, his eyes glistened with tears and he tried to hold them back as he looked down, Megan took a step forward and another to reach him. Placing her hand on his cheek, she stared into his eyes, "We found something. A chance, maybe..." She kissed Clint's cheek. His tears ran down his cheeks as he shook his head, his body trembling, "Don't..." Natasha reached her wife and she kissed her best friend on his forehead, her tears coming quickly as well, "Don't what?" "...don't give me hope." Megan let out a broken sob and Natasha held the both of them, "I'm sorry I couldn't give it to you sooner."

***

"Okay, so the "how" works. Now we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost all of us have had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones." Megan paced the length of the debriefing room. "Well I'd substitute the word encounter for damn well near being killed by one of the six Infinity Stones." Tony spoke and Megan glared at him, shutting him up. "I haven't, I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about" Megan sighed, but Bruce spoke up, "Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history."

"Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in." Tony sighed and Clint nodded, seriously. He was shaken up since his visit to the past, but he didn't speak about it to anyone, save for Natasha and Megan. "Which means we have to pick our targets." Tony nodded, "Correct." Megan gnawed on her lip and she looked over at Thor who looked asleep, Sif sitting beside him, her hand in his. Thor had grown a bit of weight since the last time they all had seen him, Sif was concerned greatly about him and she told Megan. Megan sighed, looking at his sleep-ridden state, "Let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?"

Thor didn't respond and Natasha blinked, staring at him, "Is he asleep?" Sif shrugged, and Rhodey shook his head, "No, I'm pretty sure he's dead." Sif glared at Rhodey, "Let's hope not. I've just confessed my love for him, I don't want him to have died before..." She trailed off and shook her head, flicking Thor on the forehead as he startled awake, "Where to start? Umm... The Aether, first, is not a stone, someone called it a stone before. It's more of a... an angry sludge thing, so... someones gonna need to amend that. Here's an interesting story though, many years ago... My grandfather had to hide the stones from the Dark Elves..."

He wiggled his fingers as if they were a ghost and Sif slapped her forehead, "Wooooh, scary beings. So Jane," Sif's head snapped up and she exchanged a disgusted glance with Megan who just rolled her eyes and mouthed "don't worry about it" to her. An image of the brunette woman popped up and Thor looked towards her, he realized his heart never held any love for her anymore, yet he still felt pain at their breakup, possibly because it felt like rejection to him. He glanced over at Sif and he smiled slightly, she had stood with him through the worst of and best of times. His heart blossomed with love when he looked at her, she was so strong, so beautiful, he realized he couldn't ruin what he had with her for a woman that didn't care about him at all.

"Oh, there she is. That's Jane... She's... an old flame of mine... She... she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time... and then the Aether stuck itself inside her... And, she became very, very sick. So I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from. And we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time, you see. I got to introduce her to my Mother... who's dead," He looked on the verge of tears as he breathed harder and Megan and Sif looked down, Frigga was like a mother to the both of them as well. "and oh you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, these things happen though you know, nothing last forever,"

Tony sighed and started to push Thor back to his chair, but Thor waved him off, "I'm not done yet, the only thing permanent in life is impermanence." Tony grinned, "Awesome. Eggs? Breakfast?" Thor shrugged, "I'd like a Bloody Mary, thank you." Megan banged her head against the table.

***

Megan and Natasha lay across the table and Tony's head rested in Megan's lap while his legs draped over Natasha's. Bruce lying tiredly on the floor next to the table, "That Time Stone guy..." Natasha started and Megan snorted, correcting her wife, "Dr. Strange, c'mon Nat, you know him. He took our..." her voice broke and she blinked rapidly, "He took our kids to his place, trained them." Natasha held Megan's hand tightly, "We'll find them. I promise you, lyublyu." Megan nodded, "I know, we will, krasivaya." She teased her wife and Natasha rolled her eyes.

"Wait, Strange lived in New York, right?" Tony looked up at Megan, "No, he lived in Toronto, seriously how out of it are you?" Megan rolled her eyes, "Guys, if you pick the right year, there are three stones in New York." Bruce sat up, "Holy Fucking Shit. Shut the fucking front door." Megan chuckled and Tony threw a pencil at him, "Language, asshole." Megan shook her head, "Dad, I feel like I'm the parent most of the time." "Well duh, even when you were five, you were still more mature than me." Tony responded with a wide smile. "Vic? Call the team to the debriefing room." "Right away Mrs. Rogers." Once everyone was there, Megan spoke.

"All right. We have a plan. Six Stones, three teams. One shot." The team stared at Megan determinedly, they nodded at each other, ready to get the stones and bring back their family.