Chapter nine - Lucy

Lucy stood up and tried to put distance between herself and the strange man, she ended up tripping over her own shoe laces falling down to the ground.

"What are you doing Tiny?"

Lucy looked back and saw a big scary man walk up to the gate.

"Nothing press just some fan at the gate who doesn't know when to go."

Lucy stood up and dusted off her pants and gave her scariest look at the man in front of her.

"First of who do you think you are, second of I just wanted to drop something off because these guys helped me last night. But if you think you're better than everyone around you then fine have at it."

Lucy set down the bag with the cookies and pie and walked away.

"Hey lady wait up. Tiny get out now we'll talk about this later. Lady please wait up."

The man caught up with Lucy and gently put his hand on her shoulder.

"Hey your Pyro's lady friend right? What are you doing here, what did you bring with you?" The man looked at the bag that he had in his hand and looked back up at Lucy.

"No my name is Lucy you or maybe some friend of you came by last night and helped me and I wanted to thank them. What you have in your hand there is my famous apple pie and some amazing chocolate chip cookies if I may say so myself." Lucy pointed at the bag and a small smile took over and she couldn't help but smile up at the man.

"Well then Lucy my name is Mac and I was there last night as well. Why don't you join me inside and you can give me a piece of your famous apple pie."

Lucy shuffled her feet around a bit, "Yeah that's okay I will go with you and if nobody else is mean to me you can have a piece of my apple pie. Otherwise I will take my apple pie and leave you all without any treats."

Mac snorted and opened the gate and gestured for Lucy to walk in.

She walked up to the door and when she put her hand on the doorknob the door swung open. Unfortunately hitting Lucy and she smacked down against the ground.

"Lucy are you okay, hey Lucy how are you girly?"

Lucy blinked a couple of times and opened her eyes. She looked around and tried to sit up but felt very dizzy.

"Hello there dragon lady how do you feel?"

Lucy felt a hand on her back guiding her up slightly and saw that she was on a couch in the middle of a big room, surrounded by the man that she had wanted to thank.

"I'm okay, she said, just embarrassed by myself right now and wishing that this never happened."

"Oh no little lady you shouldn't feel embarrassed if this big brute over here hadn't thrown the door open you would have been okay. How does your head feel?" Mac shoved the man next to him who looked sheepishly up at Lucy.

"I'm sorry Lucy, someone said you were here and I wanted to see who Pyro had been talking about the past couple of days."

Lucy sat up a bit straighter and looked at the man. "You have been talking about me, I don't even know who you are?"

"No No No I didn't mean it like that, just more like they said something about saving a young lady and then they talked a bit about said girl and I just, well you know,- someone tapped his shoulder and said something to him,- Oh yeah my name is Hawk nice to meet you."

Lucy giggled and looked through the crowd searching for a certain someone.

Mac grinned and sat down next to Lucy.

"Pyro is out right now but let's try your apple pie okay? I'll tell Hawk to go and grab a knife to cut the pie in pieces."

Lucy sat down with the man and passed around the cake and cookies.

"Wow Lucy these baked goods are amazing, if it's up to me I'd ask you to drop by every day with something." Spike was picking up the last of the plates and brought it to the back.

Lucy looked at her watch and saw that it had been 2 hours already and decided to go home and get some take out on the way there.

"I will just be on my way now guys, I'll see you guys around town."

Mac stood up and walked Lucy out the door.