Chapter thirteen - Lucy

Lucy sat with her hands over her ears and her back against the wall. The ringing in her ears had gone down a little but her breathing was still fast.

It seemed like hours had gone by when she heard the rumble of the engines again. Not long after that a hard bang against her front door. Lucy wanted to get up but found herself frozen to the floor unable to move out of fear.

"Lucy... Lucy where are you, are you okay? Lucy.."

All of a sudden there were hands on her shoulders and Lucy screamed: "No No please get off"

"Hey Lucy I need you to open your eyes for me. Can you do that, come on dragonlady I know you can do it just open your eyes. Your save."

Lucy tilted her head down but did open her eyes and blinked a couple of times. In front of her feet where a pair of biker boots and another and another.

The man in front of her got pushed to the side and someone else crouched down in front of her.

"Hey Lucy my name is Storm, Pyro might have mentioned me before. I'm the club's medic and I just want to check if you're okay."

Lucy lifted her head and finally began to recognize the man in front of her. "You know Pyro?

Storm smiled softly at her and nodded his head "Yeah I do he called us to come check on you because you sounded quite scared on the phone. Can you tell me what happened?"

Next to Storm stood Mac and he looked around the house "Lucy darling can we look around the house while you explain what happened?

Lucy swallowed thickly and grabbed the hand Storm had extended to her. "Yeah that's okay go on I will tell Storm what happened, but please be careful."

Mac and two other man walked in different directions to check out the house and the surroundings while Storm took Lucy over to the couch.

Another man sat down next to Storm, "Hey Lucy my name is Wendigo I'm the clubs president, the brothers mostly call me press though. Is it okay if I hear what happened as well?"

Lucy tucked her hands under her legs and noted that they were still slightly shaking. "Yeah that's okay, it happened not that long ago. I heard these bikes coming up but I didn't think anything of it, you guys also ride by sometimes and that sounds the same so I just went on but then it got quiet."

Lucy took a big breath and felt a tear rolling down her cheek. "All of a sudden I heard these gunshots and I thought it was something outside but they weren't shooting outside, they were shooting at my house."

Storm walked around the table and grabbed Lucy's hand "It's okay Lucy please calm down your save."

Lucy looked at her hand in Storms and the tears were still sliding down. She wiped them of her face and looked up at him. "But why would anybody shoot at my house, I just moved here. I haven't done anything wrong."

It wasn't Storm that answered her question but the Press. "We don't know yet who did this but I can tell you now that nothing like this will happen again. You're under our protection starting right now."

At that moment the other man came back into the room. One of them holding a glass of water which he handed to Lucy. Lucy nodded her thanks and the man sat down around her.

Mac explained what they found and Wendigo confirmed that it matched Lucy's story.

"Hey Lucy we met the other night. I'm Spike, don't know if you remembered me. We got a call from Pyro with the question if we could take you back to the compound, is that something that you're feeling up to."

Wendigo had walked away in the meantime and came back after a short phone call. "I called in a couple of brothers to come fix up the mess from the bullets, you can stay here or come back with us but until Pyro gets back you'll have to get used to a couple of us around. I got orders not to let you out of our sight."

Lucy wiped away the last of her tears and stood up "That's okay we can go to the compound I need to get out of here for a bit."

She strode through the house and it almost looked very badass if it hadn't been for the bunched up rug. A hand grabbed her arm and kept her from falling. Lucy looked back and saw that it had been Hawk that had kept her from falling. She smiled at him and muttered a thank you.

"So who's gonna give me a ride to the compound?" As it turned out, it was a total no go to have the girl from another brother on the back of your bike and although Lucy protested that she was nobody's woman, the man didn't listen and Lucy rode back with Storm in his truck.