Chapter two - Lucy

The first night all alone since a really long time, Lucy looked around her living room. She had started unpacking but had already tripped over the rug to many times to count and was really starting to get pissed off. It just wasn't in the right spot, but she was too tired to move it again. Lucy gave one last look at the stupid rug and then turned around. It was time for some dinner and she knew just what to make. She had bought some vegetables and was planning on making some chicken stir fry.

After Lucy had cleaned everything up, she heard something outside of her door, hitting the welcome mat. Lucy walked over and looked out of the window next to the door, but saw nobody outside. She sat around for a bit in the silence and started to think about what to do tomorrow. She still had some left over groceries to do and she needed to go to the hardware store to buy herself a new toolkit to put together some of her furniture. After checking if all the doors were locked, Lucy hauled herself upstairs and let herself fall down onto the bed.

The next morning Lucy woke up feeling better rested then she had felt in ages. Lucy looked around the bare room, it could use some items to make it feel more like a home. So she decided that after her shower she would go into town to buy the stuff she needed. Just as she pulled her top over her head, Lucy heard the doorbell ring. She grabbed her socks of the bed and jumped down the stairs, but missed the last step and stumbled down.

"Hey everything okay in there?" someone shouted. "Yeah, yeah give me a second i'm okay." Lucy yelled back. When she finally got to the door, she roughly opened it up and looked up at the girl standing there. "Hey I think someone delivered your mail to my house, so I brought it over for you." the girl had a letter in her hand. Lucy took the letter and thanked the girl, they said goodbye and Lucy went back inside.

Deciding that going to the hardware store was a better use of her time right now, Lucy grabbed her bag and her jacket, put her earphones in and walked out of the door. Once she arrived at the hardware store she noticed that she would probably have a hard time locating the items that she needed. This hardware store was massive and it looked like there was even an auto repair shop right next to it, that was connected to the store.

Lucy shook her head and straightened up, I can do this she thought. So with all the confidence she could find she walked into the store.

She had been in the store for over an hour by now, but Lucy just could not for the life of her find an electric drill. She turned around to look for a store employe to ask the question to, when she almost bumped into a person yet again. Lucy looked down at the shoes of the person and saw the same spot on the right foot again. She looked up and saw the mouth of the man moving and quickly took out her earphones. "I'm sorry what did you say muscle wall?" Lucy looked at him and wondered for a moment why he was just staring at her with an open mouth. "I said what got you looking so troubled sunshine" the muscle wall said to her. "I'm just looking for some tools but the only thing i managed to find are some screws." Lucy lowered her voice, "But I lost the screws about half an hour ago, so I'm back at square one". The man grinned at her and offered to help her find the items. After finding everything Lucy looked on her phone to see that it was already past lunchtime and quickly said goodbye to the muscle wall.

While walking back home Lucy thought back to the unopened letter she had laying in the kitchen. She decided to quickly store everything away that she bought, because the need to know what was in the letter was growing very fast now. So Lucy started walking a little bit faster, but her mind quickly went back to the muscle wall. What a coincidence that they had met twice now already, or was it something else?

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note:

Helloo everybody, I hope you are having a good day and thank you so much for reading this story. I'm sorry for the long wait, it is a very busy time at school right now but I will try to upload more regularly. Again thank you for reading!!

All my love, 

May