Chapter four - Lucy

Funeral, death and gone. The only thing going through her head was that it couldn't be true. Lucy's dad had passed away and nobody told her. Nobody told her that he was sick or she would never have left that house at all, her dad had never told her anything about him being sick or unwell.

The funeral was in a week and Lucy was not expected to show up early or stay there, that was obvious from the letter that was sent. It stated that she was to arrive no earlier that the morning of the funeral and that the family wishes for all calls to be withheld until the day of the funeral. So that they can grief in peace.

Lucy's heart was broken and she slid down to the floor and she cried. She cried for the man that was her hero since day one, the man that had helped her with her homework when she couldn't figure it out. The man that was supposed to be there to walk her down the aisle when she would get married.

Lucy felt lost and sleep didn't come easy that night. She was looking through pictures of her and her dad and she wondered what would happen now that he was gone.

When Lucy saw the sun come up in the window she knew that she had to do something to get out of the house. She grabbed her jacket and decided to go out and walk around in the park. It was still very quiet outside, Lucy could still hear the birds chirping as the sun rose in the sky.

After walking around for a bit she decided to sit down on a bench to think. Lucy was so out of it that she didn't even hear the rumbling of the motorcycles approach and she definitely didn't hear that the rumbling stopped.

Lucy looked at her watch and decided that it was time to head back and put the rest of her stuff away when a shadow fell over her. Lucy looked over her shoulder to big buff and grumpy and shrieked when someone else sat down next to her.

"Hello there darling" the man spoke to her with a smile on his face. Lucy looked from the giant that she knew to the giant that she didn't knew, "Who are you?". The man next to her laughed and said to the other giant "See I told you she would want to know my name first". The giant behind her huffed "Fuck off Bullet, you know she is only talking to you because you scared the shit out of her". Lucy quickly stood up and turned to the muscle wall "Excuse you mister broody, he did not scare the shit out of me, I just wanted to know who would just randomly start a conversation with a stranger."

The stranger barked a laugh and stomped his fist on broody's shoulder. "Oh man you didn't tell us she was feisty". Broody wanted to answer him, but Lucy cut him off. "You talked about me to your boyfriends? Who are you guys even?"

Muscle wall had a scowl on his face "My name is Pyro and this idiot is Bullet." Lucy looked between the two men and a smile came on her face "Pyro huh, never would have guest that. My name is Lucy, I just moved here." Pyro smiled back and Lucy heard Bullet choke on his breath. "Welcome to the neighborhood dragonlady". Lucy smiled at them, but she knew she had to go back home now to put away the rest of her stuff. "Well it was nice to meet you, I hope to see you again". Pyro and Bullet said goodbye and with that she walked away.

On her way back she couldn't stop thinking about the muscle wall or Pyro as his name was. One thing came to the front of her mind, she would never call him Pyro. Lucy made it her personal goal to find out his real name so that she wouldn't have to call him that stupid nickname ever again. And with a little more bounce in her step she walked all the way back home.

But when she opened her front door all the sadness slammed back into her mind. Those man had been able to get her mind from the sadness for a little bit and she was so glad that they had helped her in that way.