Chapter one - Lucy

Lucy was looking at the boxes in the living room, it actually happened. She moved out of that house of horrors. Lucy had lived her whole life with her father and stepmother and her three stepbrothers. It had been hell somedays, the three stooges would always make sure to get her in trouble or yelled at by their mother. Lucy found out very quickly after they moved in that they did not want to be a family. She has had this nagging feeling that something was wrong with them, but she wasn't going to ask them. Lucy had been saving up for over three years now. If she didn't have classes she would be working. Lucy would always invite her friends over to her work and just hang with them there and talk in between shifts.

Lucy's father had started his own company back in the day together with her mother. It was a small bakery back then, but it blew up to be a multiple chain store later on. Lucy used to work in the bakery back when she lived with her dad. It used to bring her a lot of joy so see the people enjoying her creations. But she had to leave and she finally had the money ready, so she packed her bags and left. She called her dad on the way to the airport that she was going on a trip and that she didn't know when she would return. She wasn't ready yet to tell him all her secrets and she just wanted some peace and quiet for now.

Lucy was dragged out of her thoughts as the mover called after her, "Is this alright miss or is there something else we can do for you?. Lucy thought for a moment, but she was going to take her sweet time unpacking everything. Deciding against their help she walked up to him and smiled at the man.

"No it is alright sir, I can handle it from now on". The man looked at her, shrugged and said goodbye. Lucy heard the door slam closed and spun in a circle, this was all for her. No judgemental people around every corner, no one who would criticise the way she dressed and a whole new town of people to befriend. She could start all over again, and Lucy planned to make use of the opportunity.

Lucy looked around to find a place to start, but remembered that she first of needed to go buy some groceries. Her phone showed her that the closest grocery store was a couple of blocks away, so she decided to walk over.

When she was almost at the grocery store, she heard her phone ringing and dug in her purse and ran smack dab in to something. Before Lucy even had the chance to react an arm wrapped it self around her middle and secured her against something hard. "Wow look out where you're walking red", a deep rumbling voice told her. "Oh my, excuse me I wasn't looking and I didn't see you coming, I'm so sorry...." Lucy looked up in the face of the stranger. Stupid Lucy, she toughed, always stand still when texting.

"It's not that bad red, just watch out next time" the guy said. "Yes you're absolutely right, I'm so sorry though did I hurt you?". Lucy took a step back and scanned the man for injuries. She was just intensely staring at a spot on his right foot when she heard his snort of laughter. "You.. hurt me? You're like a tiny pixie, you wouldn't even be able to hurt me if you tried", the man snickered.

Lucy had heard enough, she knew she wasn't very tall. But this man didn't need to rub it into her face like that. As she stormed of she thought of a good reply and quickly turned around, but what she didn't see was that the man had also moved and was standing right behind her. And as she turned an lifted her hand to point out to the man that he was simply freakishly tall, her bag with her wallet in it had flown up and hit the man in the face. The man made a noise of pain and took a step back, "Okay you win dragon. You can indeed hurt me". Lucy swallowed and took a step back, "Just so you know that was not the plan" and she turned around and fled into the grocery store.