Chapter 49

"Satori-kun,"

Yuki looked up from his homework. "Yes?"

"You mentioned you have a dad?"

"Yeah," Yuki went back to his homework. "But he passed away 3 years ago."

"I'm sorry for your loss. Do you live with family now?"

"No. He didn't have family and Uncle Shin couldn't take care of me either." Yuki turned to the next page.

"You're dad's brother?"

Yuki shook his head. "No. A friend. But--"

"But?"

Yuki stopped writing, shifting a little in his seat. He had been warned and forbidden to tell anyone but...

"...they really liked each other."

"I see."

Yuki cautiously looked up.

"Does he know where you are?"

Yuki met his counselor's eyes. "No. I don't know what happened to him. Matsuda-sensei,"

"Yes?"

"I don't think who they liked was wrong." Yuki stated firmly. "D-do you?"

Matsuda smiled softly at the boy, "I don't. I think everyone should like who they like without a problem."

Yuki felt himself smile.

"How are things back home?" Matsuda asked.

The boy's smile quickly fell. Returning to his homework.

"They're... okay..."

"Satori, anything you tell me in this room stays in this room." Matsuda explained to him.

Yuki looked up again. Still a bit wary.

"You won't tell anyone...?"

"I promise."

The boy gripped his pencil a little tighter.

"Satori Yuki," Matsuda began.

"I promise you can trust anything that you tell me, will stay between us."

"R-really?"

The man smiled,

"Trust me."

It felt longer than it should have, waiting for Aizawa and Recovery Girl to return to the common room.

There had been a scream earlier and they weren't sure if they should send someone up to check. Aizawa had told them to stay put but...

It was nearly impossible.

At the ding of the elevator everyone turned and rushed towards the adults.

"Is he going  alright?" Yaomomo was the first to ask before they were bombarded with questions.

Recovery Girl couldn't give a response she completely felt was true.

"Satori informed us it has something to do with his quirk," Aizawa began, rubbing his neck.

"He said it should last at most a week but..." he looked over to Recovery Girl who shook her head.

"We aren't entirely sure if that's true." she completed.

"What? Why? Is it that bad?" Ochaco asked.