Chapter 55

Yuki was leaving on a school day.

The teacher had been notified once school had ended. So not even his classmates could bid him a farewell. He was given a couple hours to pack his things. Not much had added since his arrival there. He had a different set of clothes but that was about it.

"Hey, they're here for you." the father knocked on the door frame.

"Yes, sir." he softly replied. Stuffing his worn out backpack into the bag as well.

"How was he?"

"He was okay. Often came back from school late so who knows what he was really up to." he'd overheard the mother.

"I see."

Yuki kept his head down walking towards the door. He could feel their eyes on him.

"Well paperwork is all checked out. Thank you for taking care of him."

Yuki bowed politely along with them, a soft thank-you leaving his lips as well.

-.-.-

He could feel his shoulders getting heavier with every step he took towards the car.

Maybe if he begged to stay, he could. He hadn't given it a try but by now it kind of seemed pointle--

"YUKI!"

He immediately turned back to the voice.

"Mai?"

She was running towards him. Her brightness of her smile caused him to tear up.

"What are you doing?!" he laughed, catching her as she latched onto him.

"I have a plan!" she giggled, lightly jumping on her toes.

Pulling away he frowned. "You're supposed to be in school!"

"Not now, look!" she held up a paper to his face.

Yuki stepped back a bit to look at it. "Hero school...?"

"Yeah! You have a quirk! I don't! But they have other courses for non-heroes too."

"Mai, I don't know--"

"You don't want to be a hero, I know, I know. But we can meet up at school again!" she smiled.

"School?"

"Yeah! Satori Yuki, will you promise to meet me at U.A. High School!" She declared.

Yuki stood there shocked. A smile creeping onto his face.

"Yeah!"

"Good." Mai grinned, shoving the paper onto him. "Cause I'm going to study my butt off and make sure I score higher than you in everything."

Yuki couldn't help but laugh as tears fell.

"I'll see you in 10 years!" Mai shouted as she tried running next to the car.

"10 Years!" Yuki shouted back. Sending her the widest smile he could.

* * *

Yuki watched as Bakugo set up the extra futon a couple feet away from him.

"You don't have to keep watch." he whispered, suppressing a hiss from his headache.