Chapter 29

Ruby hung her head in defeat at the screen displaying a mocking GAME OVER to her. Yang cheered for herself waving her game controller in the air triumphantly. "Hah! Take that you dumb ninja!" she said competitively towards the screen showing Ruby's dead avatar lying bleeding on the ground. "Who's the champ!?"

Penny watched with amusement as everyone in the room groaned at her gloating. So far just about everyone had been defeated by the blonde brawer as her winning streak continued. Tonight was girl's night, at least it was after being officially announced earlier this morning when Team RWBY realized the recent schedule had given most of them a decent chunk of time off together before bedtime and when her next shift of patrols would begin, currently she was recharging with a cable in her back watching Team RWBY and Neon play video games and scarf down pizza.

"Penny!" Ruby cried in exaggerated agony, "avenge me!"

She looked at her friend as she made a far bigger deal about this simple game than seemed necessary. Yang grinned from year to ear as she looked over the room at her defeated foes. "You wanna take me on next?" she asked her.

"Please Penny!" Ruby cried dramatically.

She nodded figuring there was little chance they would let her decline their offer. She took the controller from Ruby and picked her character, a samurai with a naginata. She chose the avatar because the listed statistics seemed to make it the most balanced of all her options.

"I'll give you a minute to get familiar with the controls and look over your combos," Yang said emanating confidence that she would be victorious once more, "let no one say that I am not merciful."

It took her only several seconds to become familiar with the controls and the listed combo moves had been memorized with only a glance.

"Ready! Fight!" The game told them starting off the round.

Penny immediately attacked using a combo attack that sent a flurry of thrusts with the nakinata striking Yang's warrior monk and knocking down a quarter of her health bar. Yang cursed in surprise and tried to retreat from the longer reach of the weapon blocking a few attacks but as she tried getting close Penny did another combo move sweeping her weapon up and knocking Yang's avatar into the air before delivering another series of rapid thrusts up to her airborne character. The monk landed and tried to attack once but Penny was ready with a special finishing move, the game cut to a cinematic of her samurai flourishing their weapon before decapitating the monk with a shower of blood. The decapitated head was in the air and her Samurai thrust the naginata out showering the head on the blade and holding it up in triumph.
"Total victory!" the game announced to everyone that looked on at Penny's effortless victory.

"What the fuck!" Yang said, throwing down her controller as Penny's samurai posed with her monk's head on the spear taunting the blonde who looked at it with red eyes.

"Penny! You avenged us!" Ruby cried, throwing her arms around her as she cheered. "Penny is our avenger!"

Weiss rolled her eyes as she looked up from her scroll, she had only bothered to play at the instance of the rest of her team who had only played because Ruby begged them to help her defeat her sister, Blake had only given a token effort herself. Neon had almost come close but that was only because she tried annoying Yang while they played, but Penny had effortlessly defeated her.

"It was nothing really," Penny assured her friend as she hugged her, "I am simply faster and have better reflexes than Yang does."

The blonde frowned at her, "I know you don't intend to be mean, putting it like that," Yang said giving the android a dangerous look, "so I'm going to let that pass."