Chapter 37

Jaune glared down at the holographic screen. "You motherfucker!" Jaune cursed fighting the urge to toss his scroll across the room.

"Mr. Arc there is no need for such vulgar language," he said maintaining his cool demeanor.

"What the fuck do you want?" Jaune asked him, vulgarities seemed like the only way he could strike at the assassin through the screen. He really wished he knew someone that could trace this call and send an entire strike team team to his location. Maybe just a guided missile to send him to a million pieces.

"Like I said I want to finish this," Vasily told him, "I was so crushed when we were interrupted last time and now that your little sex doll is out of the picture I think it time we settle this like gentleman."

Jaune walked out of the room to find Pietro, he might know how to track a signal. "How about you meet at Atlas Academy," Jaune mocked, finding this idea ridiculous and hoping to keep him talking, "I'll bring my friends."

"I'm afraid I already have a venue for the occasion chosen," he said.

Probably filled with traps and drones. Jaune thought to himself. So much for fighting like gentlemen. "Where?" Jaune said, hoping to arrive with an army at his back.

"Not so fast," Vasily said with a sinister grin crossing his features. "I've already had to suffer enough interruptions Mr. Arc and I don't intend to suffer anymore."

The screen pulled away and Jaune found himself staring at a small apartment complex. Confusion took him for only an instant before he recognized the home and felt dread nauseate him.

"Cynthia is it?" Vasily asked him. "I have been doing my research Mr. Arc and when I saw your shuffling a bunch of brats to school I couldn't help but be shocked that a Huntsman with your capabilities would waste your time, I suppose they mean something to you else you wouldn't waste your time."

Jaune glared at him. "What did you do?" Jaune asked him dangerously. Pietro spotted him and looked over curiously at him glaring daggers at his scroll. Jaune looked up and mouthed "Vasily" at him so he knew.

"Nothing yet," Vasily said, "Just a few bombs attached to their gas lines, one for each of those snot nose kids, a little insurance to prevent any interruptions."

Jaune seethed with fury. He would target children? For him?

"I cannot be worth all of this!" Jaune protested, "Even if I come and face you, you cannot escape, I'll get the General to surround the place."

"Oh you'll come!" Vasily told him with unwavering confidence, "I know you want to settle this as much as I do, to settle who is superior. As for the General he is going to be indisposed shortly."

Jaune didn't know what he meant by that but he doubted Vasily was bluffing about that.

"If I see a single huntsman or Atlas uniform anywhere near those homes or interrupting us I will detonate those bombs," he told him.

"I cannot be worth all of this," Jaune told him.

Vasily laughed, "Oh but you are Mr. Arc, I have killed Huntsman and Huntresses around the world and you are the first one to best me in combat, I underestimated you the first time, I didn't know you were from the great Arc Family, I didn't know you wielded the weapon of a long line of great warriors."

Great warrior? Did Jaune not remember that fight the same way as he did? "I got lucky!" Jaune pleaded.

Vasily giggled as if he had actually said something funny, "You undersell yourself Mr. Arc, you are a born warrior."