Chapter 33

Penny stared across the street directly at her twin. "Hello Sister," she greeted her, examining her down to the smallest detail. She was indeed her mirror image, not even her freckles looked out of place to her. But from what General Ironwood had explained she was indeed her sister, built from spare components Ironwood had collected and assembled without her father's knowledge and with special enhancements.

"Hello Penny," she greeted back, studying her blankly. A human wouldn't have noticed but her identical eyes moved tracking each and every one of Floating Arrays many blades.

"Penelope," she called her, that was the name Ironwood said she was given that name and she wondered if the name had any meaning for her, "that is your name right?"

She nodded to her, "that is indeed my official designation Penny Polendina," she explained to her, keeping her eyes flickering cautiously to each and every blade.

"You do not need to listen to him Penelope," she said, giving a glance over to Vasily. His cold blue eyes turned away from Jaune to look at her with evident amusement.

"He is my master, my weidler," she said as if that explained everything.

"No!" Penny said to her firmly, "he stole you, he not your master and you are not a weapon to be wielded Penelope, "please sister... end this before it begins, we do not-"

A blast of energy from her eyes interrupted Penny as her sister fired lazily upon her. At first she had believed that the attack had been intended for her but the searing twin beams shot past her and straight down the street.

Penny turned seeing a fire truck in the distance explode. Penny turned back to face Penelope, she still stared at her blankly. Why had she done that? Why had she destroyed a fire truck?

"You were saying sister?" Penelope asked her, "we do not what?"

Penny gazed back at her, "we do not need to fight sister."

Vasily laughed at that, as if Penny had told some kind of humorous joke that cut the tension. She looked back at him and then to Jaune who stayed ready but made no move to attack the hunter. He looked at her and gave her a flat but comforting smile, they were together now and it comforted her greatly to still see him alive to simply be here to help protect him.

"Penelope I am finished listening to this nonsense," he said to her, "dispose of your sister and leave the Arc boy to me, oh and keep any interruptions away from us." he ssaid leveling his rifle at Jaune.

Penelope's eyes flashed green and fired. The thin double beams of light sliced right across two of Penny's strings cutting the blades away to drop harmlessly onto the street as she rushed for her blades cutting a deadly path.

Penny retreated blasting off rearward and into the air as her own swords intercepted Penelope's parrying each and every strike that went her direction.

Sparks flashed in the night as their swords collected matching each other blow for blow. One of her blades shattered as it connected with one of Penelope's. Her weapon looked like Floating Array but it was quite different in its own way, it was stronger, heavier and as it met her weapons edge to edge it chipped and dented her swords.

"Penelope," Penny said, dodging a blast of her eyes, "this violence does not need to continue," she said to her, "stop and we can end this together, we can end this peacefully."

"Peacefully?" Penelope asked her quizzically. "We are weapons sister, we have no need or desire for peace."

"No!" Penny told her, "we are not weapons Penelope, this is not why we were built."