Chapter 35

"We're not leaving," Vasily said firmly affixing a bandage upon one of the many lacerations Arc had given him across his body. His aura was beginning to heal him but for the moment he was going to help his body along, thankfully it wasn't anything that would be healed after a long day of rest, he would be ready for tonight.

"We're wanted!" Bonnie pleaded as if that would sway him.

"We were wanted before, I fail to see how things have changed," he said inspecting his handiwork, doubtlessly he would have scars to help commemorate this fight.

"Not like this," she said to him, "before we weren't on the countries ten most wanted list." She explained to him, "It was one thing knowing we were on Ironwood's radar, that was bad enough already, but now police, huntsmen, everyone is looking for us and it's only a matter of time before they find out."

"How high are we on that list?" He asked, finding the thought amusing.

"Number eight," Bonnie said, "the bounty hasn't been posted quite yet."

He frowned. Only number eight? Still that would be quite a substantial sum on his head. "Then we have time, and I only will need until tonight," he assured her.

Bonnie shrank as he faced her looking at her shudder in fear at him. "Please," she said, "I am just worried this this is getting out of hand, stealing Penelope was bad enough already."

"I can kill Arc this time!" He assured her, "I know exactly where I need to do it, it will end soon."

Bonnie frowned, "Even if you can get him to come to you-,"

"He will come!" Vasily growled, he was getting tired of her objections. "I know him, I know his weaknesses and I know just how to end this."

Bonnie nodded to him slow and careful, "alright, he will come to fight you, but what will stop him from brining his friends? All of Atlas is ready to fight you, how can you expect to get the same kind of one on one showdown you need?"

Vasily grinned at her, he watched as it sent shivers down her spine. "Stupid Bonnie," he said, "I've already worked that all out, it's the same as it's always been we'll create a distraction."

Bonnie frowned at him, "It will have to be a very big distraction if you want to escape notice this time."

Vasily grinned even wider, "oh it will be," he said, "I think it's time I met face to face with my employer."
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jaune opened his eyes to look upon Pietro's workshop. He didn't want to go back to the academy, despite his wounds the last thing he wanted to do was leave Penny's side, Pietro had agreed and offered him the use of a couch so once his cuts were patched up he had waited and despite his best efforts had fallen asleep.

He checked the time on his scroll. It was half past noon. He also had a dozen messages from Ren and Nora and Team RWBY. He ignored them, the last thing he wanted to do was talk to them.

His sleep had been restless. He constantly woke up and found himself rethinking everything that had transpired. Gods he was such an idiot.

Penny could be rebuilt, he had known that logically of course. But he hadn't quite been thinking logically when he had thrown himself against Vasily had he? A dreadful feeling that was far too familiar to him had taken a hold of him, he had felt it when he lost Pyrrha, and like when that feeling had resurfaced confronting Cinder he had thrown himself against the object of his hatred and almost died, or worse had Weiss killed.

How could he be so stupid? So damned emotional and childish. Would Penny be happy having learned that he had gotten killed trying to avenge her before she could be repaired? He imagined her trying to scold him for it and the thought actually put a smile on his face, just the thought that she would come back to possibly scold him for being so momumentally idiotic was comforting.