Insecure ~ Natasha Romanoff

Y/n pov:

I wouldn't describe myself as insecure, I just train early in the morning and late at night so no one is watching, I wear large clothing that doesn't show my figure and I don't talk a lot. Okay so maybe I am insecure. The rest of the team have never seen me without my large hoodies and sweats and even when I dress up, none of it is ever tight fitting, including the suit I fought in, I wore a leather jacket over a normal shirt and black leather jeans. they barely even know what my voice sounds like that's how little I talk but they learned to get used to it though, the rest of the Avengers excepted that I didn't talk much.

I have a routine of getting up at 4.00am and making my way to the gym locker room, changing into a sports bra and shorts and then training for a few hours, making my way back to my room before 7 which was when everyone else woke.

Nat's pov:

I couldn't sleep, I had been trying to sleep for hours but there was so much going through my mind so I decided to head down to the training room, it was 4am so no one would be there, or so I thought.

I walked into the locker room and noticed the lights were on, so I went the long way around the entire room before peaking to see who it was. Standing in front of her locker was y/n. She was only wearing a black lace pair of underwear and I could see her whole body. Why was she covering this up?

She was extremely toned and was in perfect shape, she had a large tattoo across the right side of her back or roses and writing down both sides of her ribs. She pulled a sports bra over her head which brought my attention to her nipple piercings and then down her flat but muscular stomach to her bellybutton piercing. If I looked like that I would walk around naked all the time. Why on earth does she cover all this. She then pulled her legging up her muscular legs which snapped me out of my daze. You are being a pedo Nat, stop it. I quickly made my way back to my room without her hearing me.

Y/n pov:

I walked into the kitchen for breakfast and nodded at Natasha, the only other person there. Grabbing my food, I sat down opposite her at the table. "Why do you cover your body all the time?" She asked me very suddenly. I looked up at her and shrugged my shoulders. "Look I saw you training {lie} and I just don't know why you cover up. You have a great figure and people would kill to have a body like that."

"You know why Fury recruited me in the first place right, I'm a human-lie-detector, you already know that so there's no point lying." She was shocked at how much I had just spoke but I hated people close to me lying and I didn't raise my voice I just sounded stern. "Okay fine, I saw you changing but don't deflect!" I stood up with my food and walked to my room with it, partly because I was embarrassed and partly to avoid answering the question.

~<•••>~

"Okay so you're both attending a party, look out for the target and blend in. Pack your stuff, wheels up in ten and your outfits will be in the hotel room when you arrive in LA." Fury told you and Nat in the boardroom. Nodding you both left to pack.

The plane ride was painfully boring, there was nothing to do but sleep which you struggled to do. When the plane landed you were driven to the hotel room and Natasha checked you both into the hotel. When you were both in the elevator she finally spoke, it was the first words exchanged since breakfast a week ago. "You're going to have to talk as part of your cover you know." She said looking over at you, "I know. I'm a good actor." You said after a short silence. Stepping into the hotel room you both went to your rooms.

Nats pov:

I had started unpacking when y/n stormed into my room, "What are your clothes for the party?" She asked me and I held up a black mini-skirt with a matching strapless top. She sighed with a frustrated tone and stormed out again so I followed her to her room.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked sympathetically. "I am not wearing that! I'll look like a stripper." She said and I could see her fighting the tears that were staring to swell in her eyes. My eyes darted to the red, lace-up mini-dress on the bed with no back. My eyes then darted back to hers, "Why do you really not want to wear it?" I asked her.

When she gave into the tears I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into me snd holding her tight. "Shhh its okay." I whispered softly. "I'm not a t-tiny, s-skinny girl who c-can wear stuff like t-that." She cried into my chest while telling me this through sobs. I finally pulled away from her and cupped her face with my hands and wiping her tears. "I've seen your body, you're perfect. You are the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen in my life and you will turn heads tomorrow night in that dress, I promise you."