The assistant (2) ~ Pepper Potts

'What have I got myself into?' Was all I could think as I loosely curled my hair with a set of straighteners. When I was finished, I applied natural makeup with a nude lip and small eyelashes. Now for the hard bit. Picking a dress.

I didn't actually own anything like that so here I was, scanning through the closet of clothes Stark had provided. The least skimpy dress I could find was black with long sleeves and didn't even reach halfway down my thighs. This however, wasn't as bad as the cleavage as the v-neck reached the top of my stomach, meaning my bra was left discarded. You can imagine what some if the other dresses were like.

As I was slipping my feet into my black heels, I heard the door click open and Pepper walked in. Her hair was in an up-do with two short, curled pieces framing her face. She wore a dark blue, silky dress with no back with black heels. She was enchanting.

"H-hey." I stuttered as I grabbed my bag set Toffee on her bed with some food. "You look really...great." I told her, internally smacking myself as soon as I said it. Like of all the compliments in the world. "Come on gorgeous or we'll be late." She said, taking me by the hand and making me blush. Why did her calling me that make me feel weird?

As soon as we got into the car my nerves kicked in and I started fidgeting with my sleeves which she noticed. "You'll be fine y/n." She told me softly and placed her hand on mine with a gentle squeeze. God, why am I all tingly inside?

When the car came to a halt we stepped out and my eyes set on lights flashing out of a club. I raised my eyebrow at Pepper but when I saw the smile on her face I couldn't help but comply.

The music hit me like a ton of bricks, blasting out from the many speakers and I was almost blinded by the many flashing lights. I found myself clinging onto Pepper for dear life, making her chuckle.

"Lets get some drinks." She said calmly, completely unfazed by our surroundings. I followed her through the crowd of dancing, drunk people to the bar where she ordered two 'sex on the beach's'.

"You know I can't hold my liquor, right?" I said, hesitantly. "I'm counting on it. It's your birthday y/n! Live a little." She cooed. "I do have a life. It just doesn't involve hangovers." I responded, making her laugh.

"Hangovers are temporary. Drunk memories are forever...unless your really drunk and can't remember the whole night. Then that's not so good." I laughed and just then, the bartender placed our two drinks in front of us.

We talked and drank for ages, laughing and telling ridiculous stories. "Hey! Can we have six shots please?" She shouted across the bar. "I'm not getting drunk Pepper." I told her and she rolled her eyes.

When the shots were set in front of us I picked one up, looking over at Pepper with one in her hand. "Live a little, huh?" I muttered before downing it.

The shot burned down my throat, making me pull a face, much to Pepper's entertainment but she quickly threw back hers and handed me another. 'Whats the worst that can happen?' I thought. I had no idea.

One minute we were at the bar and the next we were on the dance floor. She put her hands on my hips and I placed mine around her neck as we sang along. "I-I think I'm drunkk." I slurred. Everything was either happening really fast or in slow motion but I was giggling at nothing and grinning from ear to ear.

I closed my eyes for what felt like a second but when I opened them again, my lips were against Peppers. I tangled my hand in her hair as she pulled me closer by the hips.

When my eyes shot open, I immediately closed them again after feeling blinded from the light streaming in through the window. I winced when I felt a pain shoot through my head. I was fluttering my eyes open and closed to adjust to the light.

When I was finally able to keep them open, I looked to my right and saw a white bedside cabinet with a grey lamp on top of it. Wait...I don't own a grey lamp. When I turned my head to the left, my eyes almost jumped out of my face. Laying beside me was a naked Pepper.

Shit shit shit shit. I glanced under the covers on top of me to see that I was in the same state. No no no no no. I slipped out from under them,  and snuck over to the closet across the room, grabbing an oversized t-shirt and shorts which I slipped on.

When I heard her start to stir, my head snapped around and watched as she opened her eyes and then groaned. Hangovers. She seemed to come to the same conclusion as I had when I handed her pyjamas and her eyes glanced over her own body.

I sat on the bed with my back facing her as she put on the clothes and when I felt the bed sink again, I turned towards her. "How's your head?" I asked nervously, playing with the hem of my shorts.

"Probably better than yours. You weren't lying when you said you could handle liquor well." She told me with a laugh, making me smile but it quickly faded.

"We can just forget about it if you want t..." i started, "I don't want to forget about it." She told me confidently, making a smirk tug at my lips. "Wouldn't mind doing it again sometime." She said and stood up off the bed, walking towards the bathroom.

"Which part? Going out, or the extra curricular?" I asked innocently, making her head whip around with a raised eyebrow which faded into into a cheeky expression. "Surprise me."

And that is the one and only good thing that has ever come from getting drunk.