Older (2) ~ Natasha Romanoff

You had cocooned yourself in your sheets and cried silently into your pillow all day. You didn't even feel the hunger or headache over the heartache you felt. Your whole body just felt numb and your mind was racing with questions. 'Am I not good enough?' 'Hot enough?' 'Mature enough?'. It was destroying you.

You heard your door knock and groaned, "Go away." But the door opened anyway. The bed sank behind you when someone sat down.

"Are you okay?" You heard Steve's concerned voice ask. You just lay in silence, not even able to find the words. "We though it was just the hangover, but we're all worried y/n." He tried again. You continued to stay quiet.

"Look, it's 9pm and you haven't eaten anything all day. I'm worried about you. Natasha is throwing stuff at people if they try to talk to her. Wanna tell me what's going on?"

'Why is he so reliable and easy to open up to!' You thought before sitting up and turning to face him. His expression only became more concerned when he saw your puffy eyes and tear streaked cheeks. He just wrapped his arms around you, making you feel safe and loved somehow as he stroked your hair.

He had always been like a big brother to you and his comfort just made you open up. You sobbed into chest snd let the tears fall freely as you held him tightly. "Apparently I'm too much of a c-child." You sobbed into his chest and he just held you tighter.

~<••>~

Steve stormed into Natasha's room and slammed the door behind him, locking eyes with the redhead and observing her own tear stained cheeks. "What did you do and say to her?!" He demanded, making Natasha sit up in the bed with concerned eyes. "What do you mean Steve?" She questioned making him shake his head, "You broke her. I don't know how but she's completely crushed and can't even bring herself to get out of bed!" He whispered harshly, "She hasn't eaten anything and has been crying all day. Why is that, because I can't get an answer out of her!" He remarked.

"Hearing her sobs breaks me too!" She defended as tears welled in her eyes making him shake his head again, "You better fix this Tasha." He warned before leaving.

What y/n didn't know was that the moment Natasha return to her room she regretted it completely and tried to convince herself that she did the right thing. She was mad at herself for caring so much but every time she heard y/n cry it broke her heart.

~<•••>~

You emerged from your bedroom the next morning and walked to Steve and Clint's bathroom to avoid Natasha. You didn't know how you would react if you saw her.

You locked the door and when you saw yourself in the mirror you almost cried. You had large bags under your eyes and your skin was pale. Your hair was messy and your clothes had started to look big on you.

You hopped in the shower and washed yourself from head to toe before drying and putting your hair into a neat ponytail. You changed into some clothes you had brought with you and applied light makeup to hide how worn you looked but nothing could change the broken look in your eyes.

When you walked into the kitchen everyone went silent but you blocked it out, focusing on grabbing a coffee and some fruit. When you turned to face them all, their expressions were pure concern and sympathy. "How are you feeling?" Your dad asked, "I'm not made of glass." You told him as you made your coffee.

Just as you finished you heard footsteps enter the room behind you and it fell quiet again. You sighed and prepared yourself before turning around to face Natasha who stood frozen on the spot. She watched as your face fell and you looked down, making her heart sink as she saw how hurt you were.

You swiftly grabbed an apple and your mug, leaving the room. You felt all eyes on you as you left and quickly walked to your room, locking the door behind you.

You did the same thing for a few days, only leaving your room for food or to go to the bathroom and ignoring everybody you met.

One morning you had woke up early and decided you wouldn't let her win anymore. You wanted her to see that you didn't need her so you jumped out of bed went to your own bathroom, getting ready there.

You put on a fake smile in front of the mirror as you knew it would have to be convincing and after a while you just sighed and continued with getting ready.

Your heart stopped when you heard the door open but you pretended you didn't care, acting like you hadn't even noticed as you brushed your hair. You heard the lock click, making your heart race but still you stared at your reflection.

You felt hands around you waist and within two seconds you had been flipped around and lifted onto the sink. You gasped as your back hit the cold mirror, leaving you looking into the deep green eyes of Natasha Romanoff.

You didn't want to stare but you couldn't help it, looking between her enchanting eyes and plump lips which were slightly parted. You mentally cursed yourself for doing it but you placed your arms around her neck and she gripped your waist.

"Look. I made a horrible mistake. I lied because I though I was protecting you but I really just made us both miserable. All I can think about is you. How I hurt you, how your hair feels in my hands, how your lips feel on mine and how your body feels up against me. I don't want to but I can't get you off my mind." She sighed placed a hand on your cheek.

"I thought I was a child and it was a mistake." I remarked making her look down with pain in her eyes. "I didn't want to take your innocence from you. I thought you deserved someone better, and with no red on their ledger. And I don't care what people think anymore, I know your young but I need your touch, I need you....I love you." She told you with sorrow in her voice.

You used one hand to lift her chin so her face was level with yours and she was looking at you, "I love you too Nat." You told her and without wasting a moment you collided your lips with her, pouring every ounce of pain, love and passion into it and she did the same.

When you both pulled away for air with burning lungs and flushed faces, you rested your forehead on hers, taking in every little detail about her perfect face. "Your dad is gonna kill me." She said with a chuckle.

"I'd like to see him try." You whispered, connecting your lips once again.