❤️HandyMan Hajime💛

Komaeda's prosthetic arm needs maintenance. Hinata helps.

(Art is not mine)

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Komaeda smiled as he sat himself down on the bench. He set his prosthetic limb down on the table, frowning at how difficult even such a simple motion was. Slight rust seemed to be growing in the joints, and Komaeda was having a lot of trouble moving it much of the time. Komaeda set both his hands down on the table and turned around. Behind him, Hajime Hinata was looking over his collection of tools mounted on the wall. Komaeda didn't know much about mechanics unlike Hinata and Souda, but he wasn't so stupid as to not recognize the common tools like the various screwdrivers, hammers, and wrenches.

Soon enough, Hinata picked out a few tools as well as some small boxes full of items Komaeda couldn't see. Hinata sat down on the bench beside him, and set the things he selected down on the table.

"Alright, Komaeda," He said. "Let me see your arm." Komaeda lifted up his mechanical arm compliantly. Hinata took Komaeda's hand in his own, looking it over for a few moments. "Hmm.." Hinata murmured, before taking a small screwdriver in his hand and placing it against the screw at the top joint of his finger. "Alright, it looks like I'm going to have to replace all the screws and remove the rust."

"Ah, okay." Komaeda responded with a smile.

"Do you want me to take it off for maintenance or do you want me to disassemble it while it's on? You won't feel any pain either way." Hinata said

"Ah, I'd like to have you do it with it on, if it's not too much trouble. I've always wanted to get to see how it works anyways!" Komaeda said happily.

"Okay then." Hajime replied, immediately getting to work unscrewing the top joint of Komaeda's first finger. He removed the section entirely which was quite a strange sight to see for Komaeda. Hinata put the old screw down on the table, and got to work filling a shallow bowl with some chemical, and placing the piece of mechanical finger into the bowl.

"Wow, it sure is weird to see my finger floating in a bowl." Komaeda commented. Hinata chuckled slightly.

"If it's uncomfortable I can just take the hand, but I'm guessing you still want to do it this way?" Hinata asked

"Yep." Komaeda responded.

"Well, to each his own, I suppose." Hinata said, removing the next segment of Komaeda's finger, placing the screw next to the other one, and putting the segment in the bowl.

"It's so incredible seeing you use your amazing talents like this, Hinata-Kun." Komaeda said in awe. "I've seen Souda-Kun use his Ultimate Mechanic talent before, but it's even more incredible watching you do it!"

"It's really nothing, Ko." Hinata said, removing the last piece of Komaeda's first finger. Komaeda inspected the empty space where his metal finger should be. Hinata picked up a clean rag, and began scrubbing the digits in the chemical bowl.

"What's that stuff for?" Komaeda asked.

"It's to remove the rust." Hinata answered. "It's going to have to soak for a while before I can put it back on, so you're gonna be without a hand for some time."

"That's fine." Komaeda responded with a smile. "I'm really grateful for the help, by the way."

"It's no trouble at all." Hinata responded, setting the metal digits back in the chemicals and shifting back to Komaeda. He made quick work of disassembling yet another of Komaeda's fingers, placing the screws on the pile, and putting the parts into the chemical. Komaeda wiggled his three remaining fingers.