🖤I Need You🖤

Very sorry that this is just another part of what really should be its own separate series but if I made it one nobody would see it and I'm an attention whore so fuck it this is my oneshot book anyways and I can do what I like.  So yeah this is another alt ending to "I Love You" and this one is probably the closest y'all gonna get to a true ending so """enjoy"""

Ok excessive TW time: Abuse, Violence, Mild Sexual Content (no smut), Blood, Death, Gaslighting/Manipulation, Gun Violence

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Seventy-two...

Seventy-three...

Seventy-four...

Seventy-five...

Seventy-six...

Seventy-seven...

The dripping sound echoed throughout the room.

Seventy-eight...

Seventy-nine...

Eighty...

It was slow and rhythmic, and Nagito could almost predict when each drip would land on the cold hardwood floor.

Eighty-one...

Eighty-two...

But sometimes, the pattern would change. Two drops or even three would fall to the ground in quick succession.

Eighty-three

Eighty-four

Eighty-five...

...

Eighty-six...

The ever changing pattern of the noises in the room kept Nagito occupied, trying to figure out if there was a pattern even among the irregularities. Counting the faint splashing noises as the liquid hit the floor kept Nagito sane. Or... no, sane wasn't the right word. He was far from 'sane' anymore. Maybe... It kept him entertained. It helped him keep track of time. If it weren't for the rhythmic sounds, he might think he'd been sitting there for hours.

Eighty-seven...

Eighty-eight...

Eighty-nine...

Ninety...

Nagito drew his eyelids to a close, steadying out his breath, and matching each exhale and inhale with a drip.

Ninety-one...

Inhale...

Ninety-two...

Exhale...

Ninety-three...

Inhale...

Ninety-four...

Exhale...

The door swung open.

Ninety-five...

"Apologies for the wait, my love."

Ninety-six...

"It's hardly been two minutes." Nagito replied.

"You were counting." Izuru observed.

"Observant as ever." Nagito said dryly.

"Oh come now, love," Izuru said. "Let's not skip to the bickering of an old married couple before we can live out our honeymoon."