💙Reminisce With Me❤️🖤

Some healthy goddamn KamuKoma because fucking hell I need to write something that isn't vilifying Izzy K already.
Just these two talking late at night with no real direction. I just wanted to write a plotless conversation. Literally half of this is just a summary of chapters 1-5 of the game ngl
!!Contains mentions of a past sexual relationship, but nothing is detailed and everything is healthy, also there are minor mentions of suicide but it doesn't get heavy
(I had no idea which hearts to use on this one tbh. there really isnt any legitimate angst buuuut)

~-~-~-~-~-~

The lights were out and the sheets were warm. Nagito felt body heat radiating off of the boy besides him. Nagito shifted slightly, trying to draw closer to the other without waking him. Unfortunately, his partner was a light sleeper, and awoke at the gentle movements.

"Nagito," Izuru said. "Stop moving."

"Sorry." Nagito murmured. "Just can't sleep."

With a sigh, Izuru turned over, and sat up. He and Nagito made eye contact, and even in the dark, Izuru could see exhaustion in Nagito's swirling gray-green eyes.

Izuru leaned over, and flicked on the lamp beside their bed, illuminating his boyfriend's face properly. Just as Izuru thought, Nagito looked exhausted. There were heavy bags under his eyes, and he looked paler than usual. Just looking into his eyes, Izuru could tell he was far from okay.

Wordlessly, Izuru pulled Nagito into a warm hug. He knew that when his partner was down, he needed a lot of physical reassurance, so he was quick to provide it. Nagito leaned into his touch, and buried his face in Izuru's chest.

"You are okay," Izuru whispered. "You are safe. And you are loved."

Nagito nodded shakily. "I'm sorry I woke you." He whispered.

"Do not be." Izuru said. "You are hurting, are you not?"

Nagito nodded reluctantly, knowing he can't lie to Izuru.

"I prefer to be aware of it when you are upset," Izuru said. "So I am glad I am awake."

Nagito bit his lip. "Why do you care?" He asked softly.

"Because I love you." Izuru answered simply. "So naturally, I want you to feel okay."

"You shouldn't love someone like me." Nagito murmured somewhat bitterly.

"That is not up for you to decide." Izuru said. "I love you. I love you and even if you think it's wrong, I am not going to stop loving you."

Nagito laughed quietly. "Those sappy words don't suit you, Izuru." He said. "You sound just like..." Nagito trailed off, but Izuru knew what he wanted to say.

"I am not Hajime Hinata." Izuru said. Nagito chuckled again.

"He said the exact same thing about you before." He said. "He was always louder than you, though. He sounded so confident when he yelled his name. I think he really believed he'd make it out alive."

"You miss him a lot." Izuru observed. It was not a question.

Nagito grimaced. "I'm sorry, Izuru." He said. "You know I love you, but... I do miss him too sometimes."

"It is alright, Nagito." Izuru said. "I do not blame you for missing him. I know he meant a lot to you."

"Is it really okay?" Nagito asked.

"Yes." Izuru responded simply. "If there were a way I could bring him back, I would do it for you."

"You shouldn't say that." Nagito said. "That's the same as saying you'd kill yourself for me."