🖤Make Me Feel Okay❤️

I am SO sorry for how many of these are turning out to be eating disorder related (I'm trying to make them not boring I swear. I hope they aren't too repetitive), but this is the only outlet I have and I'm not doing so good :')

Anyways, post sdr2, Hajime and Izuru as a system, hajime has an eating disorder (Yes, again, I know it's probably boring and repetitive.)

~-~-~-~-~-~

"Hey, Hajime!" Nagito said happily.

"Hi, Nagito." Hajime said flatly. He was sprawled out on top of his bed, one arm over his eyes.

"What are you doing?" Nagito asked. Hajime slowly moved his hand from his eyes.

"What's it look like?" He asked dryly.

"You know, you really shouldn't just lie around all day like this." Nagito said.

"What's it matter?" Hajime asked. "I'm dying anyways, at least let me be comfortable first."

"Hajime, you aren't dying." Nagito said.

"Really?" Hajime asked. "I haven't eaten in over a week, and before that I was still hardly eating. I'd say I'm scheduled for death's door any day now."

"I'm not letting you die." Nagito said stubbornly.

"I couldn't save myself now if I tried." Hajime said despondently. "What makes you think you can?"

"Hajime, you aren't past saving!" Nagito said. "You just have to try harder!"

This set off a switch in Hajime's brain. He glared at Nagito.

"Are you seriously telling me that I'm not trying hard enough?!" He asked angrily. "Do you not realize how hard I've been trying to fix this shit?"

"Hajime, I didn't-" Nagito tried to speak.

"Shut up, Nagito!" Hajime yelled. "Just go away! Get out of my life already! I never want to see you again! I fucking hate you!"

Nagito recoiled at his harsh words, and he backed up. Tiny tears pooled in his eyes, that he quickly blinked back, but not before Hajime noticed.

"I-I'm sorry, Hajime." Nagito apologized quickly, backing towards the door, eyes on the floor.

"Wait-!" Hajime yelled. Nagito looked up, and saw Hajime, looking terrified, with tears in his eyes. "I didn't mean it!" Hajime said, sounding desperate. "Don't leave!"

Nagito's gaze softened as he watched Hajime start to shake and cry. He walked back towards the bed, and sat down next to Hajime.

"It's okay." Nagito said softly, bringing Hajime into a gentle hug. Hajime was shaking like a leaf by now, and he clung on to Nagito's shirt.

"I'm sorry." Hajime whispered. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm-"

"Hey," Nagito said. "I'm not upset. It's okay."

"But I-" Hajime started. "I hurt you."

"No, no you didn't." Nagito said reassuringly. "I know you didn't mean it. You're just hurting and couldn't help lashing out. I understand, Hajime."

Nagito knew it was the malnutrition going to Hajime's head and making him irritable that was at fault here, not the boy himself.

"Y-You never lash out." Hajime said. "You've been hurt way more than me. I don't have the right to-"

"No." Nagito said. "Whatever you're about to say, just no. Everyone deals with pain differently. You have every right to be irritable and upset right now."