🖤Chicken Soup❤️

Another eating disorder oneshot because recovery is hard and my meds don't let me skip breakfast. This time it's Nagito's turn to be my projection tool :D

~-~-~-~-~-~

"It's cold." Komaeda said.

"Ko..." Hinata said. "It's eighty five degrees out."

"Oh..." Komaeda said. He wrapped his jacket tighter around himself as he shivered. "I didn't realize."

"How are you cold? I'm practically baking out here." Hinata said, loosening his tie.

"I dunno." Komaeda lied. "Guess I'm just naturally chilly."

"You're weird." Hinata said.

"I know." Komaeda responded with a smile.

Hinata sighed. "Let's head back inside." He said. "Maybe you're getting a cold."

"Alright!" Komaeda said, happily following Hinata inside. Hinata sat Komaeda down on the couch, and threw him two large fluffy blankets. Komaeda snuggled up in the blankets, still shivering.

"I'll make you some soup." Hinata decided. "That should make you feel better."

Komaeda froze. "Soup?" He echoed.

"Yeah?" Hinata said. "That's what you make when you feel ill."

"Oh, um," Komaeda started. "I don't really like soup."

"Bullshit, you told me you like chicken noodle soup before." Hinata said, his memory impressing Komaeda, who had no recollection of ever saying that.

"Did I?" Komaeda laughed.

"You did." Hinata answered. "So I'm making it for you."

"Ah, Hinata-Kun," Komaeda said. "You really don't need to do that for me."

"Too bad, I want to." Hinata said, already beginning to get ingredients out.

"No, no, seriously, Hinata-Kun." Komaeda said, nearly pleading now. "I'm not even hungry."

"No, but it'll take a couple hours to cook." Hinata said. "By then it'll be a proper meal time."

"No, I mean, when I'm sick I lose my appetite." Komaeda lied. He wasn't really sick, obviously, well, unless mentally sick counts. "So, I don't really want to eat at all."

"I know you don't want to." Hinata said. "But you need to eat if you want to feel better."

"No." Komaeda said shakily. "I think if I eat anything I'll really be sick." That wasn't entirely a lie. If he ate, it probably would make him sick.

"You'll be sick if you don't eat too." Hinata replied. "Just eat a little when it's ready."

"I-I can't." Komaeda said.

"You're so dramatic, Ko." Hinata said with a smile. "You'll be fine." Hinata was chopping up some vegetables now, much to Komaeda's horror.

"Hinata-Kun, please stop." Komaeda begged. "You shouldn't waste food like this."

"It's not a waste." Hinata said with a sigh.

"It is though!" Komaeda insisted. "If I can't eat, then you shouldn't cook for me."

"You can eat, you're just being dramatic." Hinata said. "And you will eat."

Komaeda shook his head. "Hinata-Kun, seriously, I can't."

"Komaeda just stop." Hinata said. "Nothing you say will convince me to just let you starve, so just give up already."

Komaeda fell silent after that, just staring up at the ceiling dejectedly, with the sounds of Hinata cooking in the background.