🖤Old Habits ❤️

Just a hurt/comforty KamuKoma fic cause yeah.
Tw for suicide

~-~-~-~-~-~
Kamukura Izuru was bored. His most loyal servant was nowhere to be found, and he had nothing to do. Everything was boring and dull. The only sort of light or entertainment in his dull life came from his servant, who was so impertinently hiding. 

With a sigh, Kamukura decided to get up and go looking for the boy. With his plethora of talents, it never took him long to find anything he was looking for, no matter how hard the object of his search tried to hide from him. And so, it hardly took a moment before

 he was standing on the rooftop. Just as he predicted, he saw Servant standing there, staring out over the edge. 

“It is cold out.” Kamukura said, as snow fell. “You should not be up here.”

“Sorry, sir.” Servant said, sounding uncharacteristically flat. Kamukura made a note of this. “Just admiring the view.” 

“There is no view to be admired.” Kamukura responded. He was right, of course; the sky was washed gray with clouds and the fog was so thick you couldn’t see the ground. 

“I think the clouds are pretty.” Servant said, voice nearly drowned out by the wind. 

“You can easily see them from the window.” Kamukura said. “Come inside.” 

“Is that an order?” Servant asked. The usually annoyingly upbeat and clingy boy sounded despondent. 

“No.” Kamukura replied. “A request.”

“Sir, you really shouldn’t treat trash like me as if I deserve a choice.” Servant said. “That’s how you should speak to a real person.”

“You are a real person.” Kamukura said, growing bored of the back and forth.

“Am I?” Servant asked flatly. It sounded like a serious question, as if he really didn’t know if he counted as human or not. “If someone exists only to serve others, are they really their own person? Or just a mere object?”

Kamukura took notice when his servant’s left foot shifted slightly forwards, inching ever closer to the edge. 

“Regardless of how shameful or dehumanizing your actions are, you remain human.” Kamukura said. “To think otherwise would be nonsensical.”

Servant hummed, blending into the howling of the wind. His back was still turned to Kamukura, facing outwards. It was a simple position, and yet it practically screamed impertinence. This was quite unlike him. 

“I guess I’ve always been nonsensical.” Servant mused. The snow blended into his white hair, and the wind whipped it aside. The metal leash the boy always wore was flowing in the harsh wind, and the visual was almost pretty. 

“I won’t deny that.” Kamukura said. “Now come indoors. I can tell you are cold.” 

“Observant as always, sir.” Servant said. “Is it an order this time?”

“Yes.” Kamukura responded. Servant was quiet for a minute. 

“Sir…” Servant began. “What would happen if I ever disobeyed an order?”

“Hmm…” Kamukura mused for a moment. 

“Would you kill me?” Servant asked. “Or throw me out onto the streets? Or hit me?”

“No.” Kamukura said. Servant seemed surprised.

“Why not?” He questioned. “Surely if I failed to fulfil my sole purpose for existing, I should lose my right to life.”