v. a new member

CHAPTER FIVE
"a new member"

CHAPTER FIVE"a new member"

✧༺✦✮✦༻∞ ∞༺✦✮✦༻✧

DEREK COULD FEEL THE GUILT SWIMMING IN THE PIT OF HIS STOMACH AS HE STARED AT THE BLONDE GIRL. He knew he needed to build a pack and he was choosing people who knew would not only survive but would want it. He also knew why he was feeling guilty. What he was about to do felt like he was about to cheat on the girl he loves. But like he told Scott days before, everyone wants power.

"Who are you?" Erica asked in a small voice, giving Derek a feared look as he stood in front of her hospital bed.

"Let's just say we have mutual friends." Derek smirked as he looked at her, moving closer to her. "You get a warning right before you have a seizure." He added, sitting on the end of the bed, keeping his eyes locked on her.

"It's called an aura. It's - it's like a metallic taste in my mouth." She told him.

"You don't have to lie, Erica, what's it really taste like?" He questioned, tilting his head as he used his eyes to lure her in. But the sick feeling in his stomach grew stronger as he continued to do what he was doing. He wanted to stop. For Haven. As much as he wanted to, he couldn't.

"It tastes like blood." She whispered, tears brimming her eyes as she dropped her gaze.

"What if I told you that all of this could go away?" He placed his hand on her leg making her look at him curiously. "The side effects, the symptoms, all of it." He continued, pulling her closer to him. The sickness was nearly unbearable right now and he could feel the guilt pulling him further down. But he overpowered.

"And what if all those things not only went away but everything else got better?" His face was inches from hers as he stared intensely into her brown eyes.

"How?" She asked, her heart racing.

"Let me show you."

•••

Haven let out a breath as she looked around the empty apartment with Alice, Khai, and Sarah. Khai became someone Haven learned to slowly trust and grow close with. As they were roommates, most of their nights were spent talking and learning more about one another. Aside from Jackson, she let Khai in more than she had anyone else. She even opened up about Derek. Only little details though and keeping the supernatural to herself. She didn't want to sound like a completely crazy person. But then again she found it crazy everything she learned from her bedtime stories weren't fiction. They were real.