xxix. flatline

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
"flatline"

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE"flatline"

✧༺✦✮✦༻∞ ∞༺✦✮✦༻✧

"MAMA! MAMA!" A LITTLE BOY YELLED WITH A GIGGLE, RUNNING OVER TO HAVEN. "Mama, you're finally home!" He said cheerfully, his small arms wrapping around her thighs in attempt to give her a warm hug. He snuggled into her, seeking comfort in the girl who was at loss for words.

Why was this little boy calling her mama? There was no way he could be her son. Could he? And where was she? Was this just a dream and only in her head? Or was she really on the other side?

She stared at him in question, naturally hugging him back. When he pulled away from her she was shocked to say the least. She noticed how much of a spitting image he was to Derek. To her, he was exactly a mini Derek but seemed to have such a sweet and peaceful aura surrounding him. Certainly something Derek seemed to lack.

His eyes were a light green much like Derek's. His hair was nearly as dark as Derek's, maybe a shade lighter. And his sweet small kissed dimples showcased with his wide grin. Just like Derek. It was scary how much he resembled Derek though his personality seemed to not match the sour wolf she knew.

"Momma, follow me! Nana and Grandma Talia are waiting to see you." He spoke cheerfully, his small hand grasping hers and attempting to drag her down the path surrounded by many flowers.

"We're losing her! Come on!" A doctor shouted, trying to stop the internal bleeding making it hard for him to find the bullet still in her. "She's losing too much blood!"

The other doctors and nurses rushed to aide in keeping Haven alive. Various attempts to suction the spilling blood to allow the doctor to see clearly seemed to finally work. But the angrily beeping monitor did not slow down. Something else was wrong but they couldn't figure out what it was. Until one of the nurses got a closer eye at her.

"Doc, is that what I think it is?"

"Nana! Grandma! Mommy is finally here!" The little boy exclaimed as he let go of her hand and he ran up to two older women who were talking with their backs to Haven.

Both woman had dark hair, one having black hair with slight waves and the other having a dark brown shade with curls. The woman with the curls seemed extremely familiar to Haven. And when they both turned around, the woman with black hair and brown eyes smiled as she lifted the boy into her arms. But Haven was thrown for a loop when she saw her mother standing beside the woman she didn't recognize.

"Mom?" Haven whispered, her lips trembling as she fought herself from crying.

"Hi my baby." Her mother warmly greeted her with a loving smile, opening her arms wide for her.