xxii. understanding the bond

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
"understanding the bond"

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO"understanding the bond"

✧༺✦✮✦༻∞ ∞༺✦✮✦༻✧

THE AFTERMATH OF THE INCIDENT AT THE LIBRARY LEFT HAVEN, SCOTT, STILES, AND ERICA TO RUSH TO DEREK AT THE TRAIN STATION. The venom of the Kanima paralyzed Erica and made her body erupt into a seized, nearly killing her. So to prevent her from dying, the three teens rushed her to Derek who snapped her arm to trigger her healing process.

Now Haven and Scott followed Derek out of the train cart she was passed out in with Stiles. Derek instantly sensed something wrong with Haven the moment he saw her. His wolf immediately pushed his instincts into overdrive and he was fighting every urge to hold her in his protective embrace as he knew she wasn't over their dispute. Neither was he but he didn't care. He needed to figure out what had happened to her in detail. The only information he knew was from the message Erica sent him earlier, saying something happened with her and Jackson. He needed to know everything.

"You know who it is." Scott said as he followed Derek, keeping Haven close to him.

Derek huffed, turning around to face Scott and Haven. She avoided his stare while Scott looked at him expectantly, waiting for his answer. Sitting down, Derek rolled his eyes as he faced Scott, "Jackson."

"You just wanted Erica to confirm it, didn't you?" Scott questioned, looking away after Derek nodded. "I'm gonna help you stop him. As part of you pack."

Derek and Haven both immediately look at Scott, Haven giving him a confused look by his words. She knew he was planning something. Scott wouldn't just immediately decided to side with Derek for just nothing. She knew Scott had a plan and somehow, it didn't feel necessarily like a good one. But she was too tired to care anymore.

"If you want me in, fine. But we'll do it on one condition. We're gonna catch him, not kill him." Scott started, looking at the ground as he gathered his thoughts and plans.

"And?" Derek spoke, raising his eyebrows at him in annoyance.

Scott looked at him in full seriousness and determination. "And we do it my way." At this, Scott and Derek had a stare off with each other for a few moments until Derek broke it by looking at Haven who was zone out, clearly on edge about something. This made him break.

"Fine." Derek said, not tearing his eyes from Haven. "You can go." He told Scott, his eyes staying locked on Haven. Scott went to protest but stopped himself, knowing she was safest with Derek despite how he felt about them.

"I'll wait up for you outside." Scott told her, knowing the two needed a moment with each other. She nodded at him, avoiding Derek's burning gaze on as she listened Scott's footsteps get further away until she couldn't hear him anymore.