xxv. well needed conversation

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
"well needed conversation"

*check out my new derek hale story "dark collisions" – been in the works for a while and it's finally published!

✧༺✦✮✦༻∞ ∞༺✦✮✦༻✧

SNEAKING INTO HAVEN'S BEDROOM WINDOW, DEREK WASN'T SURPRISE TO FIND SHE WASN'T THERE. He needed an explanation for what she was going. What she did. He didn't believe she would take Argent's side knowing he and her brother were both werewolves. But then again, he was well aware of how easily Gerard twists his way into people's minds. He learned the hard way. He knew Haven would never do anything that would get him killed. He needed to push himself back through her to prevent the Argent's from taking full control.

He wasn't going to let the only person he loves to slip away. Never would he ever give up on her and fighting for her. He didn't care what she said about being done. It doesn't work like that when two are bonded together. Whatever was going through her head had to be bigger than what he thought. He wondered what he meant when she said 'if only you knew what I know.' He was going to find out one way or another, even if she wouldn't speak to him directly.

It was times like these when he wished he still had his mom to rely on. She always said the rights things and knew what was best. He knew she would tell him what to do and guide him through. And he also knew for sure that his mother would've adored Haven. He smiled at the thought of that. He wished he could get the chance to have his mother and Haven meet. The only thing he could do is fight for her because his mother would tell him the same thing. To fight for her and to never give up.

Though he couldn't deny he was losing hope. It was clear the two had too much tension with one another they often ignored. He mainly blamed himself for the two of them not working out even though they were both to blame. He was guilty for changing Erica, constantly freaking out on her whenever she was involved with something dangerous, and overall pushing her further away when she wasn't ready to open up. But she was guilty for running away, never being fully open with Derek, and never having enough trust with him.

They were both too damaged at the moment. He was beginning to believe her words when she told him they needed space away from each other. At first, it seemed completely pointless. The more he thought about it, the more he believed taking space would be best for them. Especially if he didn't want to lose her. The only downside to taking space was he wouldn't protect her as much as he does. He'd have to rely on Scott and that's the last thing he needed.

The sight of an orange envelope caught Derek's eyes, bringing him to pick it up and see what's inside. He knew he shouldn't be going through her things but the nerving feeling twisting his stomach was hard to ignore. And his gut feeling was right.