𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

Wearing his usual hoodie and plain black pants, Renjun finished getting ready for his work that day. Saturday means work day, sometimes he would tutor students younger than him to earn extra income because his parents are not exactly supportive with his studies.

"College won't bring you any good. I'm telling you" was his father's usual words and as much as he wanted to ask him for money, he doesn't have any. His money are not even enough to pay his liquors and gambling.

His mother, however, was too blind to protest for his behalf. He don't know if she's just scared that his father might do something and to them or she already got used to that kind of life and she's being like his father too.

"Wait til I get some money, I'll get out of this place" he promised himself. He's living a few blocks away from his parents, it was a room for rent and the place was too small. He didn't had any choice and as much as he wanted to go farther away from his father, his money is not enough yet.

He wanted to get out of that household so bad that even though moving a little far from his parents home made him feel at ease. Though his father would always find out where he's working and where he lives, he just need to earn a little more.

"That would be 15 dollars" he told the guy after putting all of his order on a paper bag.

"Renjun?" a familiar guy asked.

"The soccer guy" he recognized. It was the same guy that he saw with a girl the other time.

"Jeno" he smiled and the other nodded without looking at him.

"So you're working here?" Jeno asked and before Renjun could answer, he heard the familiar drunk voice from outside.

"Not again" he mumbled, scared written all over his face.

"Renjun-ah!!" the guy shouted from outside, banging the convenience store loudly. 

"There's a handle, why isn't he opening it?" Jeno curiously asked, not hearing the call of the older's name.

"Where's your payment? Get out of here" he said while panicking.

"Renjun-ah!! I just need a little money!" his father shouted again.

Jeno furrowed his brows while looking at the drunk man outside.

"Did I heard it right?" he asked himself while looking at the panicking older and the violent guy.

"Do you know him?" Jeno asked and the older nodded, grabbing a few bills on his wallet.

This was his earnings from this week, but if he didn't give anything to his father, he won't stop. 

Jeno noticed how uncomfortable Renjun was so he went outside and faced the old man. "Why are you disturbing this store?" he asked in his usual curious voice.

"Get out of my sight, I'm here for my son!" he slurred the last word.

"How much do you need?" he asked pulling his wallet out.

"You have money? One hundred dollars" Renjun's father smugly said, pushing the younger, provoking him.

"If I gave you 2000 dollars, will you leave Renjun alone?" he looked at him with nothing but seriousness.

"O-of course!" he said, looking excited that he's going to receive a huge amount of money.

He gave the older man much ore than he promised and he watched him go away.

"You didn't have to do that" Renjun stated while looking down, embarrassed that someone from his school had to witness that.

"Do you need a place to go to?" he suddenly asked.