𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

"I told you not to follow me anywhere, Kim Dongyoung." Renjun hissed when he came near Doyoung, who was smiling at him with his usual bunny smile.

"Hey! Watch the honorifics! I'm still your hyung" he pouted, making Renjun roll his eyes before showing the other a middle finger.

"And you're my ex, who cheated, by the way." he reminded, still looking grumpy and worried at the same time. He was guilty and he thinks that what he did back there was quite rude. He never cared about being rude before, what's the difference now?

That's Jaemin and Jeno. That's the difference. His mind recited like a chant.

"Come on, forgive me Injunnie." he clung his arms around the shorter, pouting to make everything convincing.

"Why are you here again? I told you, I don't know much about Jung Jaehyun, hyung." he stressfully said, emphasizing the 'hyung' part to piss the other off.

Doyoung, huffed. In the end he told him to ask Donghyuck about it because he knew more people than him, though it would be a challenge because Donghyuck hates this bunny dude a lot because of what he did to Renjun before.

But what they had, was never serious to begin with, so he wasn't too hurt and he still thinks of Doyoung as his sunbae and his friend. He sighed, at least his problems are being solved one by one. He thought Doyoung was there to do something stupid in his life but it turns out he just needed help with one of the kids on their school.

And his mother, he sighed contentedly. His mother approached him the next day he left Lee's house with the help of Donghyuck. She said she got her husband locked up when one time he was physically abusing her and she managed to get someone to call the police. He had been doing it for a long time and she kept her mouth shut for her family but she realized that she lost her son in the process of trying to keep them together and she had enough.

Yes, Renjun doesn't consider her husband his father. Not anymore. After all he did to the both of them, he deserves it.

The small amount that his mother had been saving for him was enough to rent a small unit for the both of them. Eventhough things fell apart for him and the two boys he adores, at least the other side of his life is being fixed.

It felt empty though.

He started working at the place Donghyuck recommended him in. The pay was not that high but it is enough for their food everyday. He works every afternoon after his class. It was tiring, because he have to serve a bunch of people and some of them are a little impatient which tests his own sometimes, but he's trying his best to fit in.

Though pouring soup on the rude customer's head sounds so good sometimes, he's trying to be on his best behavior every time he's working there.

The day ended quickly as he mopped from his classes to the other, it was boring, like usual but it felt more empty and it irritates him. The loud voices of Jeno and Jaemin would usually be heard in his corridor to fetch him in this time or sometimes just to bring him snacks or anything to eat, but now it's too quiet that it irks him.

"Jun, take this for table 3" the auntie shouted and he followed obediently.

"Where's our order? We've been waiting since forever!'

"Can you please add some sauce on this?"

"Tissue please."

"Jun! For table 5!" 

After three hours of spending in the diner, the crowd was finally lessened. Usually the place would be jam-packed when it's dinner time and after that it wouldn't be much work. He sighed as he stretched his small body, it was a very tiring day.

His dinner break was spent inside the kitchen, they get free foods here which means more savings from him. He took his phone on the other free hand while he shoved a spoon full of rice on the other, a bunch of texts messages are found there, most of them are from Donghyuck. He decided to call Donghyuck instead because he was too tired to read and write a reply.

"What are those messages for?" he asked in a low voice, munching the food in his mouth.

"I'm so sorry Injun but the both of them forced me to do it!" he shouted hysterically, slightly alarming Renjun.

"Who? What did you do this time, Lee Donghyuck?" he asked.

"They asked me to tell them where you live... and they were hurrying so I panicked and I- I... I told them, omg sorry baby! They looked like lost puppies so I felt bad and---"

Renjun ended the call in panic while scrolling through the messages and he stopped when he saw his mother's text message an hour ago.

Eommonie

Two handsome guys are here, looking for you Jun. Sent 5:32pm

Should I let them in? Sent 5:34pm

They're such nice kids, and they like you a lot. Sent 6:24pm

And that's the end of it, he stood up, grabbing his things as he ran his way home despite hearing the call of the staffs inside.

Ending notes;

Enjoy reading!