𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"What? Jaemin? That Jaemin?" Renjun asked when Jeno told him. He was curious on why this was happening.

"I thought the both of you hate each other?" he spoke his thoughts rather too loud for his mother to hear.

"Shh" Jeno motioned, telling the older to keep quiet, he nodded knowingly.

"Jen, can you get me some water?" his mother softly asked and before Renjun could volunteer to do the work instead, Jeno was already out of sight.

"So, you're Renjun?" she smiled, he nodded nervously.

"Jeno and Jaemin were bestfriends before. Like me and his mother, I don't know what happened between the two but Jeno just won't tell me" she nagged and Renjun listened quietly.

He's listening to this because? He wanted to blurt out but he stopped himself. 

"I just want you to know that i don't have any problem of you living here. Jeno must be lonely, that's why" she sadly smiled, patting Renjun's head softly.

"But, can you do me a favor?" she whispered, not wanting anyone to hear.

Renjun leaned in curiously, "What is it, ma'am?" he asked.

"Oh don't call me ma'am!" she shook her head repeatedly, disapproving.

"A-auntie?" he asked and the mother nodded fondly.

"I just want them to make up, this was actually both of our family's plan. It's been too long! It's about time they settle things" she said while looking stressed for whatever reason.

Not knowing what to say about it, Renjun ended up nodding. The mother happily shrieked, clapping her hand in excitement.

"What's happening?" Jeno asked, placing two glasses on the table, putting one on his mother's side and one on Renjun's.

"You should have your dinner, you haven't eaten anything yet." he reminded Renjun.

Renjun shyly glanced on Jeno's mother who was busy texting on her phone and he sighed, "I'm okay, i'm not that hungry" he said.

Lies, he's hungry as hell. But since he's not comfortable to ask him for food or anything yet, he decided to not eat anything for dinner. Just this once. Besides, he can get food from Haechan tomorrow, it wouldn't be a problem.

Jeno looked at him with furrowed brows before he stood up, leaving Renjun alone again with Jeno's mom. He sighed.

"Can i get your number? So you could update me on things" she giggled and so he gave it.

"Oh, son! You're hungry?" she asked when she saw Jeno holding a plate with foods on it.

"A little" he said, moving his head towards Renjun, motioning him to come with him.

"I'll go first, Auntie" Renjun said bowing a little before coming with Jeno.

"Since when did you call my mom Auntie?" Jeno curiously asked when the both of them entered Renjun's previous room.

"She told me to not call her "Ma'am"" he reasoned out while scratching his nape.

Jeno stifled his laugh, "You call her what?" 

"Ma'am?" he repeated and Jeno bursted out laughing.

"That was cute, hyung! Auntie sounds better, or call her Mom too, she'll like it" he smiled, pushing the plate in front of him.

"I'm not hungry" he repeated while looking at the nicely cooked steak in front of him.

"You look like you can swallow it in one bite hyung, come on just eat" he said once again.

He sighed, "Thank you..." he trailed.

"For today, Jeno-ah" he smiled genuinely, for the first time in a while.