Chapter 15

~Scarlett/Sera~

I regret being me. I have felt sad, angry, frustrated, happy, grateful, depressed, tired and what not but never regret. Yet, today, for the first time I am regretting being The Heir, now the Goddess, I regret being the embodiment of Freya. For the first time I regret giving my words for something. 

I look at my brother. I am not upset that he used his wish. I am upset that the first time my brother asked something from me is that one thing I am afraid of. 

I turn around, I can't let anyone see me fall weak. 

"In the rule book, there are several rules about a combat. Rules even Shylock is bound to follow. But there's a loop hole. I think Freya might have changed or removed it after she lost her brother back in her time. There's no rule about changing the time of the negotiation to happen. You can change the time for release of our parents before the combat begins. Even with Shylock's cunning plans he won't be able to challenge that. Rest of the fight has to be fought in fair ways." 

I hint him without looking back. These stupid tears won't stop. I start to leave but then the sister in me takes over. 

I stop and look to the side, to avoid view to my face, I look at his face "One request before you go fight Shylock, don't die." and I choose to vanish away than to see him walk away.

Whatever his reply is, I don't have enough strength to face it. 

"Sera, everything's gonna be okay." I feel a hand on my shoulder and I instantly hug her tightly. Letting the emotions out.

"I can't lose him, Mary, I can't afford to. Am not ready to make this sacrifice. Nat, he won't listen, tell him, tell him his baby sister needs him. Please. I need my brother. I need someone who can scold me with all rights, who can teach me stuff, I need someone who nurtured me when I was a kid, I need someone who didn't grow up with me, I need someone who is the reason I grew up. 

He.. he is too weak for Shylock, Nat. Tell him. Stop him please. Please Moon, ask him not do this to me." I cried. I sobbed. I heaved. 

"Shh. Calm down, Scar, he will win. He'll go fight, win and come back. Scar, he's your brother, he won't lose so easily. The war hasn't started yet. Be positive, Scar, hope the best. He's gonna be okay." Nat caresses my hair.

"I can't lose him." I whimper. "Everything's gonna be okay. Don't worry. Shh. Here take this, relax. Yeah, that's like a good girl." Moon gives me some unnecessary and ineffective water. But being my human self makes it important.

"Come on. Get up. Your brother might need his sister to bid him bye before he goes off for the combat." Nat looks at me expectantly nodding her head.

*********

"Sera, am sorry for putting you through this, baby. I can't promise but I'll try my best to be as unwounded as possible, if that soothes you." He cups my cheek, and I feel my eyes shedding water all over again. 

"Sheldon told me what's going on, I am sorry, I didn't understand. But this is meant to happen. We can't change Moira's course of action, kiddo." I let out a sob and hug him immediately.

"Please Bin, be safe. Please brother, I love you a lot to let you go." I weep. He breaks apart and cups my cheek again.

"I know baby, I love you too." I nod between my sobs and let him kiss my temple. 

"Shabin just be careful, please." I request him, and kiss his forehead, I know he understood that I won't say good bye and this is what he gotta settle with.

"I will." He smiles at me, embraces me for a moment and says his goodbyes to everyone and walks off.

*********

"For the time being let's practice with the army?" Kenn proposes. "Sounds tempting." Iris rubs her palms together, warming up.

"What are we waiting for then. Let's go." I smile. I don't know how I should feel after all that drama so I suppose faking being fine is what am gonna go with for now.

"Don't even try that with me." Shalom whispers in my ear. "Some privacy?" I look at him with a straight face.

"Never granted before, never will ever." He smirks at me. I smile a little. "I'll be alright, once-" "once Shabin returns." Ion completes my sentence. I nod at him.

"Here we are." Roland tells us. We are in the deepest part of the Moonlight mountain. There's no way a mortal can come here, and even if someone does manage somehow, there's no way he/she could spot our warriors. 

"warriors, you can come out." Kenn calls out loudly.

Slowly everyone come out into vision. They form clear files once they spot me. All of them lower their heads to pay their respect, bowing, down on one knee. I can see the earnest request they have in their hearts, the hope that comes to them from... me? 

They all want one thing that is getting their loved ones back, the petrified souls to be freed. 

I look at them tearfully, their emotions are overwhelming me, and the fear of losing my brother is dominant above all.

"My people, I promise to do anything to free them and you." I say closing my eyes, trying to focus.