Chapter 10

~Sheldon/Shalom~

I might have diverted the topic for now but for how long. If he knows that he's no ordinary mortal the Asterins would definitely know this.

"Hey Sheldon! Don't think so hard!" Eric nudges me.

We are sitting on my bed cross legged playing the 3rd round of Zenga tower.
Out of the two rounds already finished, I have miraculously managed to lose thrice that too because Eric didn't notice his almost third victory.

And yet again I have got the blocks scattered on the ground. I look at him sheepishly.

"What are you thinking so hard?" He asks.

"I don't know Eric. I have diverted the topic about your unique mortality even though I know you guessed I won't tell anything right now.
Eric, things are not the way I expected them to be. I thought in this lifetime, since I remember everything, it would be a cherry blossom kind of a situations but things are exactly opposite.
I don't understand my feelings anymore. After the war at Mendenhall Sera has shut down the heart conversation. She rarely speaks inside her mind, and when she does it's always celestanian.
I don't know what to think of it. I haven't spoken to her once after we returned.
I feel a sinking feeling of losing Sera to the Altar." I confess and find relief washing over me. I feel light after letting it out.

Eric pata m shoulder and looks behind me. After a while he looks at me with a confused look.

"I was processing everything you said. You see I understand your insecurities but I thing I don't understand is why is this Altar you speak of?"

I nod lightly, "It is the boundary of the stars beyond this boundary, is pure darkness and the residence of the banished. Altar marks the reigning region of the Court of Light. Like war zone.
Remember when Sera had challenged Shylock the other day?" I pause to look at him. 

He nods subtly, deep in thought.

"The moment the Altar arrives the Warland begins and beyond that the banished resides.
The Sky is full of planets, stars, creatures and many more things.
All those things come under the reign of Goddess Merlita and now Sera.
The only place where even the Goddess seeks permission is the Warland."

"Huh? The Goddess seeks permission?" He asks bewildered.

I hum in response, "The Elide. That's the Goddess of War. In Celestanian Elide means battle.
Before the war, Asterins, the citizens of Sky, worship the Elide, to ensure the best outcome of the war." I explain.
He looks baffled. I look at him questioningly.
"The best outcome? What is that supposed to mean?"
I smile at him, sheepishly.
"You see, we Asterins consider war as the last option to solve a problem. So when we do have a war, we fight for our people. We worship Elide to seek blessings and to convince her to let the one with good intentions win."

He looks up at me. "What?" he makes a face. 

"Yeah." I breathe a laugh.

"You mean to say the only time the Goddess seeks permission is to pray for the victory of the one who has some good intentions? Are we seriously talking about a war here?" 

"Yes Eric, I mean exactly that." 

"I think I should take your leave now." He says with finality. I nod and draw a circle with my finger. Slowly, white light emerges and the room temperature drops.

The portal opens up and Eric jumps to the other side. "Talk later okay? And yeah don't feel awkward while talking to her. She might be waiting for you." This guy definitely reads me like a book. I smile at him and nod. I snap my fingers and the portal closes. 

Let's see where's my girl. I concentrate deep in my mind and find darkness. "Hello?" My voice echoes. "Scarlett you there?" I feel a hand snaking around my waist from the back. I hold the palm in my hand, and intertwine our fingers. 

"What happened?" I ask pushing my head behind, over the shoulder of the person.

"Nothing. I went to the court. You know the court of Shabin's memory. I know about the petrified souls." The person says. I can feel her reluctance. I turn around. I cup her face and look into her eyes.

"Scarlett, how did you go into Shabin's memory?"

"Sheldon, don't worry. He took me there. It's his power, he can hypnotize and absorb anyone and take the person into his memory whichever he chooses. His music does the magic." She says. Something's up. She is clouding her eyes. 

I kiss her forehead and instantly feel the creases dissolving against my lips. "What's troubling you?"

"Sheldon, they blamed him for everything that happened. They called him names, accused him for not speaking up for me. I could feel what he felt then. I looked at him and I could see his remorse. He is blaming himself for everything. I want to free my brother from this mess. He was stammering, Sheldon, the carefree happy-go-lucky Shabin was stammering. He was so vulnerable."

She says all in a go. I look at her face. This girl is worried about her brother when I very well know how much she will dwell on the petrified souls topic later.

I put my finger under her chin and make her look into my eyes. "Scarlett, where are you right now? Are you still in his mind?" She simply nods. 

"Then go. Spend time with Shabin. He needs you. Make him understand and free him of his guilt. Go get your brother back."

She looks surprised. "You are asking me to go?" She asks. I let out a small laugh.

"Yes Scarlett. You, along with being my lover, are a sister, a friend, a daughter, and top of all an individual. A friend of mine just knocked this sense into my mind. I do realize how much I was holding you back."

She smiles brightly, "say thanks to that friend of yours." and vanishes.