Chapter 17

~Scarlett/Sera~

I see my brother's wounded body lying on the floor in front of. The fear that was wrenching my guts till now is lying in front of smirking at me telling me that I lost.

"No Shabin, brother no. Please wake up. I know you are playing out another prank on me, Bin. Right? You are being a nasty brat Bin please just open your eyes and hug me and tell me you won and you are fooling around." I cry out loudly.

"Brother please today's not the day you play this out please Bin I beg you brother please." I fall on my knees next to my brother's body. 

I cup his face between my palms. I let my tears burn my eyes and blur my vision.

I place my hand over his heart and try to feel his heart beat. All in vain. The flashes of our childhood memories cloud my thoughts. 

The laughs we shared, the horse back rides I had snatched from him by riding his back. The times he fed me with his hands, the various occasions and parties where he and I would share plates so that I don't leave leftovers, the tears we have shed together. 

"I don't even wanna know how we'll survive without each other"  his words ring in my ears.

"I can't promise but I'll try my best to be as unwounded as possible, if that soothes you." 

You promised Bin, you told me you'll try your best to be as unwounded as possible. See how many injuries you have undergone. Wake up Bin! I promise I'll cure all of them!" I whimper against his body.

"I love you, kiddo!" 

I look at his pale face, and my pain instantly turns to fury. 

"SHYLOCK!" I scream with every ounce of my being. 

Today he lost his rights to live. He killed my brother. 

I look up and see Sheldon huffing along with Ion and Roland. He looks at Shabin's body and looks at me confused.

"How is this possible?" He mutters. I look at him confused. "What?" I manage to speak out. I look directly into his eyes.

"I saw into the combat field earlier. Shabin was winning." He explains the whole scenario and I rush to my brother and shift his head to my lap. I put my palms on both sides of his head and try to look into his mind.

"I can see it. I can see his last moments. He had won. He was walking out from the field with our parents and then Shylock came in front of him. And he.... He killed my brother because he couldn't manage his defeat?" My eyes shot open. Instantly my anguish dresses me. 

My aura turns red and I feel my anger rushing in my veins. I stand up and build up a bed for Shabin to lye on. 

"No one touches Shabin until I return." I roar.

"Sera, just listen to me. Calm down. This will start the war. Please. Stay put Sera." Uncle Nathan pleads me.

"Then we might as well prepare the Alcalds and warriors for the war." I answer back.

I let my wings free, flap them and rise in the air. "I, The Goddess, declare war, the moment Shylock meets his death war shall begin." My voice echoes and I know The Court heard it and is trembling right now.

Alastair appears in front of me. "Your Majesty, I beg you to reconsider your declaration. A war will lead to unnecessary blood bath please Goddess.  We shall do everything in our power to make Darren and his son apologize to you." 

"Apologies will never change the fact that Shylock has violated rules. Convincing that blind king will never happen. He was and will always be unfaithful. The war will happen right after Shylock dies." I clarify with finality and vanish.

**********

"Well hello Sera!" He laughs. "I never knew I will see such a day when you'll come to me not vice versa." My hands start radiating fire. 

"Do you remember my promise, Shylock? The one for your death?" I remind him. His smile fades.

"And on what grounds will you kill me, I am absolutely innocent this time. You have no proof of what wrong I have caused." Me shrugs.

"I am the Goddess, Shylock. Of course I know what you have done and so does the people in front of whom you killed my brother." His eyes widen in surprise.

"They are alive?" 

"I am not dumb, I had put a spell on the house and the people who reside it to be protected all the time. Now let's see if you have any on you." I move forward. He tries to go but I suck in his teleporting powers. I am enraged enough to make him beg for mercy today. 

I look at him and he arms himself. 

"Attack, Shylock. I'll give you that at least." He looks at me and starts laughing.

"You are soo dumb Sera, gave me the chance to attack first? Alright. Its good actually the sooner you die the sooner I get the Atarah." He laughs.

"Let's see if it works that way." I smirk and he discharges the Shooting star arrow at me.

"Is this the only strong arrow you and your girlfriend have?" I don't even have to use a weapon against it. Just like last time it merges into me. 

"How is that possible! What game are you playing, huh?" He yells.

"You didn't research about your enemy well, I see." I smirk and discharge the Fortis at him. The arrow that draws strength from the one it's targeted to.

It hits him and he bleeds. He lets out a huge grunt. But rises soon enough. 

We exchange weapon after weapon. It changes from evening to night, night to another day none of us willing to give up.

"What happened Sera? Won't you fulfil your prophecy?" He breathes heavily. I too am heaving.

"I will, don't you worry." I say discharging the Fireball at him. He, lacking energy, lets it hit him. It burns his arm.

"Rise Shylock, fight me, stand up or the death will be even more painful!" I roar the warning at him.