Chapter 25

~Scarlett/Sera~

"Brought news?" I ask my spy. He nods.

"Your dad's on his side. Guide too. And your friend Orion along with Kenn and Dakota." What in hell is my dad doing on his side!

"anything else?" "Your dad's the trump card." I smirk. "Go before they get suspicious." We both smirk and disperse. 

"Okay guys next plan!" I shout out to the people in my house. 

"From now we'll have two plans. Plan Backup is supposed to be discussed in detail in dad's presence because he doesn't know we know about him. Plan A will be the actual plan." I announce once all have settled.

"But Scar, won't it be easy for them to spoil it, they'll know the backup plan, so obviously whatever we plan they'll spoil that and then they'll spoil the back up as well." Smart.

"You are right Roland. But the thing is when they'll know the back up plan they will get an idea of what our main plan can be. 

But I did say we'll have two plans. Plan A is gonna be our real plan. And it will nowhere be related or similar to Plan Backup.

Plan Backup is basically an entire plan we are not gonna use." I smirk. 

"You should have been a fox instead of human!" Eric hollered as Nat and Moon snickered.

All of us burst out with evil laughs. 

"Hey, wait!" Ion said in between the laughs. "How do you know what's their plan?" Whoops. Everyone stopped laughing. "You don't think I have been alive all these years without learning rules to successfully execute  plan, now do you? Of course I planted a spy there." 

"No wonder the Court shudders at your name, you evil Goddess."  Ion laughed again while I smirked.

**********

We sit around, scattered in my living room, discussing the fake back up plan with dad. Soon we finish discussing the plan when we hear another knock. 

"I'll get that." Roland stops me. He walks over to the front door and whistles loudly. His whistle is answered with another whistle. 

I jump from my seat and run to the door. "Uncle!" I smile broadly. I swing the door open and embrace the man standing in front of me. Uncle Andrew is Merlita's brother. My uncle. One of the few people of my life I can call family. He has always been there for me. After my fall from the Sky, he was the one who went against the law of nature and had controlled the momentum of my body.

As I fell my body became mortal with every passing minute. By the time I touched the ground, had he not controlled the force, my mortal body would have suffered a lot of damage. I could've died of the impact and there he was. I fell really slowly, on a heap of hay. 

When I was burning with the energy my body was releasing, it was him who immersed me in the magical waters of Philippines. 

He was there when I had died for the first time and had no clue how to reincarnate. He taught me how to survive this curse.

"I heard about Shabin. I was engrossed in getting the stars into formation that I had no connection with the outer world. I wish I could be there with you. Losing Rector and now Shabin must have been really difficult." He confessed apologetically, his eyes moistening. This is odd.

I pulled up a warm smile. "Come inside at least!" He nodded, patted my head and entered in.

"Well, hello, everyone." He laughs. Dad and Uncle exchange nods and shake hands. "Thanks for looking out for these careless ones." Dad simply smiles and nods again.

We all settle on the sofa as Nat, Moon and I bring in snacks. 

"Now tell me what exactly is up." I say deadpanned.

"Ermm.. umm..ahem nothing Sera." He stammers. I squint my eyes and Moon does what she had to, distract him for a moment with her magic so that I can catch him off guard and control his mind.

"Shylock knows after Rector, Shabin, Merlita, Sheldon and all these people, I am the only one you would trade your life for. He is after me and I am here to say my goodbyes." The land beneath my feet slips off as these words tumble out of his mouth. 

"No, no no no no no no no. This can't be true! You are not doing this." I say almost tearing up. "I have to, sweetheart. I know it's hard for you but for the good of the people I have to do this." He pats my shoulder. I grasp his arm not ready to let go. Just like a kid. 

He takes my hand into his, with tears in his eyes he breaks my heart. "You know that's the law. When the future is at stake and the life of a guide is the cost to cut off the possibilities of the destruction he may give up his years and be of service to the Sky. 

And I won't be going anywhere, child. I will be right here, in your heart. You are the creator after all. I'll live, for eternity, in you." He closed his eyes and chanted the strongest chant of the Sky- the death chant.

"Good bye sweetheart." He smiled at me as he turned to dust which was ultimately absorbed into me. The worst thing is, I can feel his death way more closely than anyone because it's happening through me.