Chapter 29

~Scarlett/Sera~

We all burst into fits of laughter as Eric continues to crack jokes about Sheldon. "Ahem!" Roland clears his throat. He walks to the front and gifts Sheldon a beautiful sword. It has carvings of Sheldon and me in each others embrace. Sheldon immediately embraces his best friend the moment he notices Shabin's name carved onto the blade of the sword. 

"Eric did the blade carving, of course." Roland smiles.

Nat and Moon gift him a shield that absorbs magic to gain strength, the more magic that attacks him the stronger the sword gets. 

Eric hands him a book. Its 'The Heart', the book I wrote for Sheldon I never let him read it because obviously I was way too shy earlier. He gives a huge smile to Ric. Kenn, Ion, Rose everyone shower him with gifts. 

He is happy, really happy, today. 

He walks over to me, "Thank you for this beautiful day, Sera."  He whispers softly. "It's not over yet, love." I smile at him and drag him to the cake table. 

We eat, we dance, we laugh, we have a good time after a very long time. "What kind of a girlfriend are you, Scarlett?" Trish gives me a sour face.

"And what makes you say that?" I answer back. "It's his birthday, aren't you gonna gift him anything?" She says with annoyance and disgust. Too quick to judge I think.

"Unlike you, dear Trish, I don't like to flaunt my gifts. I have given him one already and I planned to give the final gift after the party was over, but if you insist." I smile tightly at her and move towards Shalom. Everyone watches intently as to what I have brought as a gift.

"Shalom, you already know that you are my life and I know that I don't have to bind that statement with something material but I felt this should have been done a long time back." I take his hand as he continues to stare at me with a smile playing on his lips.

"Your heart's racing, Sera." He smiles.

"Yes, because this is a very special moment for me." I close my eyes and summon my gift to my palms. I wrap Shalom's fingers around my gift.

"You gave me your life?" He says on the brink of tears as he sees the Dagger shining on his palm. "Shalom, from this day on my life is in your hands." He hugs me tightly to express his overwhelming happiness.

"I lack words to confess my emotions at this moment, Sera." 

"Then don't, I am your Soul, I already know them." I deepen the hug. I don't know how, but suddenly with this one action of mine, I felt as if something that was stuck before has now been removed. I felt as if for the first time in my life Moira and I are on the same page.

"Hey. I am not asking you to kill me!" I laugh as he squeezes life out of me. "I don't want a new name so soon, Sera. Don't think further." He laughs.

Everyone joins in and we continue to enjoy.

**********

"Sera. Shalom. Elide has appeared." Kenn drops the bomb on us exactly when I had asked for some peace. 

Sheldon gives me a look, controlling his laughter he leaves. I follow him, oh Merlita, one holiday, please?

I curse my fate once again and leave. 

"Elide. Accept my greetings." I nod at her for my position does not allow me to bow to anyone. 

"I announce the war to commence 2 menses forth. I shall await your presence in the Warland." She gives me a deep bow and vanishes.

"A war?" Kenn yells.

"This is a war we are talking about not a game!" Roland is annoyed. "Elide, appear!" Shalom hauls. "Guys! Relax!" Moon roars loudly.

"First. Elide decides when war happens. Second. Respect her decision she is way more responsible than anyone of us present here including Sera. Third. Our army is prepared, Nova and I made sure to keep them in line even though war was at hold." She calms all our worries.

"I hid them with my illusion. They await your orders, Your Majesty." Nova teases me.

"What will I ever do without you both!" I embrace my best friends tightly. "The army won't start fighting all by themselves! Prepare to be warriors Stars!" Moon smiles at us all.

"Roland and Kenn, I need you both to train Eric." I say.

"Shalom, you will stay by my side for we both have to practice the weapon we created in the Enchanted Caves of Philippines. It will prove to be the strongest weapon during the war." He nods at me. 

"Sheldon." I hear Eric and Roland calling him in unison as we walk out. I grab Nova and Moon's hands and walk out. 

"You both alright?" I ask them. "Stay with us and we'll be just fine, Scar." Moon whispers to me audible to Nova. Nova wraps her hands around my arm and leans in.

"Ich scio, sie könen suojella ons." [I know, you can protect us.]
She tells me and I smile at my best friends.
I know Eric, Kenn and Roland will be doing the same for Sheldon.
I am so glad to have them all.